SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Was Given A Pair Of Ocean Roaches
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Was Given A Pair Of Ocean Roaches Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
I bought a 5th wheel triple pop out RV for Nen and arranged delivery to the chicken farm.

THEN I wrote down a list of items to get it installed on the property. From the sewerage system to the power pole and breaker.

Friday he comes back from afternoon break with a bag of ice and drops it on my floor as a token of appreciation.

A pair of nice live Maine Lobsters.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34147 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I love “Ocean Roaches.”

Posts: 12477 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
How to cook Marzy's Crustacean Sensation™

You don't need Old Bay bags.

2tblsp salt per gallon of water (I only have a 2 gallon pot)

2tblsp Tony Chacherie's Cajun Seasoning per gallon of water, more if you like it spicy.

Boil lobster for around 7 minutes

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34147 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Marzy, if I knew where you lived............

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
You're welcome... Big Grin Razz

Prices are just stupid here right now. We usually get a mess from our daughters for Mother's Day and another for Father's Day. No go this year, we wouldn't let them spend the money.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
These were $30 for both.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
I was in Lewiston Maine yesterday and they were $6.75 a pound at the fish market.

Posts: 103 | Registered: June 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“I don’t reckon I’ve ever eat a bug that big”

Posts: 26952 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
These were $30 for both.

That's not bad for your market.

Being a cheap bastige, I won't pay more than $5/lb here. They may be edging down, they were up over $7 last time I checked.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
When my MIL was still with us, a couple of times a year she'd surprise us with a special delivery of lobstahs. She considered it a reminder for us of of our old home.

I might have to get some soon- it's been too long.

Many old memories of days spent on the boat, concluding with gathering around a table at the local shack on the Cape, with piles of shells accumulating in the center.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember reading in high school that back in the early colonial times, lobsters, shrimp, oysters, and clams, etc. were so plentiful in the new world that they were considered prisoner food and were only fed to prisoners and the poor. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
I remember reading in high school that back in the early colonial times, lobsters, shrimp, oysters, and clams, etc. were so plentiful in the new world that they were considered prisoner food and were only fed to prisoners and the poor. God Bless Smile

Read the same for the Pacific Northwest. That the fingerlings were so abundant in the streams and tributaries that the farmers would scoop them up by the wagon load to feed to their pigs.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
When we were in Maine a few years back on vacation, we wanted to try the lobster. We were at Acadia, and unfortunately didn't know of any good local places, and the tourist-trap roadside stands were outrageously priced considering there were 5 of us.

One evening we happened to drive by one of the local volunteer fire departments, and the local Lions club was putting on a lobster boil. Back home in Indiana our Lions clubs do fish and tenderloin fries (a good friend is the president of a local chapter, some go every year)...guess this was the Maine version of that! $20 bought us two big lobsters, some corn on the cob, and a mess of clams and oysters. We shared it as a family and boy was it good! Met some great people, too...I think it was the highlight of our trip (that and discovering Schoodic Point...the other time we got away from all the tourists)!

Only downside is the kids liked it, so now anytime they see one they ask for lobster Big Grin.

Posts: 8677 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:

Read the same for the Pacific Northwest. That the fingerlings were so abundant in the streams and tributaries that the farmers would scoop them up by the wagon load to feed to their pigs.

Back then eating pigs must have been very healthy with all the omega 3 that they were eating !!! Bacon that was GOOD FOR YOU !!! God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
what about the 5th wheel?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19256 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have been tasked with getting two of the largest 5th wheel RV campers with pop outs I can find for under $7000 each for the workers to reside in.

The workers rotate in and out of the campers to work 6 months, then go back to Vietnam while another couple moves in.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
I Was Given A Pair Of Ocean Roaches
Don't Bogart that joint, my friend.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post