SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MS Outlook help requested
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MS Outlook help requested Login/Join 
posted
Got a call from my neighbor. He accidentally upgraded to Windows 11. Did not like it – couldn’t find his favorite programs, (Outlook etc).
He reverted back to Windows 10, but his email (used a POP3 account) needed to be set up again. The tech walked him through setting up his email in Outlook, but used IMAP settings.
Now, his address book does not list any email addresses that he had previously.
Is there a way to retrieve and import or even print his address book from his POP3 files?
I am guessing that the address book file is still on his computer someplace.
He has MS Office 2016.
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

PC

Posts: 1340 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Look for the .pst file and note date, size location and post back.

The original .pst file will have all his mailbox and sent, received, contacts, calenders etc.

(.pst is the Outlook "storage" file.)

Just want to double check on it before the next step.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Look for the .pst file and note date, size location and post back.

The original .pst file will have all his mailbox and sent, received, contacts, calenders etc.

(.pst is the Outlook "storage" file.)

Just want to double check on it before the next step.

Email sent with information.

PC

Posts: 1340 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post