SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    VOIP providers - Looking for advice, experience for small business line
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VOIP providers - Looking for advice, experience for small business line Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
So have a single line VOIP over ATT Fiber using ATT phone service. Replaced the service I had with VOIP from Spectrum.

From time to time ATT flakes and won't let me dial a specific number reporting all circuit busy, I can jump on my cell and the same number goes through so it's clearly ATT with the issue.

Outside of that it runs me $60 a month, wife uses Teams at her office, simple BT headset connected to her laptop, and I have the BT headset that connects to my PC so technical items are in place.

Really don't need the video aspect of Teams my clients are smaller single point businesses that still use land lines/VOIP.

Looking for intel on switching to a VOIP like Google Voice for Business, it's $20 a month, porting the line over, or other recommendations for moving my business line. I can port my toll free number over anywhere I drop the local number.

Anyone with Google Voice experience, how is the service, dropped calls, downtime, satisfaction, and what others, we have Ring Fax service for direct inbound/outbound PDF fax and that works well, they also have a business phone service for VOIP.

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a company called 1-VOIP with ATT 1Gig Fiber. No problems.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4283 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We've been using CallCentric with an Obihai ATA (Analog Terminal Adapter) for six years. (ISP is Comcast Business High-Speed Internet.) It has worked flawlessly for us.

Using an ATA: All I had to do was set up the CallCentric account, get the ATA hooked up and configured, port our landline number over to CallCentric, disconnect the internal house phone wiring from "AT&T"s NID (Network Interface Device) on the garage wall, plug the ATA into one of the phone jacks, and all the phones in the home worked just like they had when they'd been connected to "AT&T"s POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service)--only at less than half the cost and with more features.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The rock bottom price is a Magic Jack with good quality.

I used it for years in my office.

Now $43 direct and $49 from Amazon for the first year with the equipment and multi-year renewals for $36 a year.

Works well not perfect, for the money I had no complaints.

You can connect it to your router or your computer, depending on your needs.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Voip.ms for the win. Use this invite link to sign up. You'll get a $10 credit, and I get a credit too.

For SIP phones, I like Grandstream for price/performance/features, but there are plenty of great options.

One thing about VoIP, throw your traditional telco assumptions out the window. VoIP doesn't work the same way, although in an attempt to conform to traditional telephony, much of the same language is re-used. If you get confused, email the address in my profile and I will attempt to clear things up.

Posts: 6511 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I have three Google Voice lines (free accounts, not business). One is for business, one is for personal, and one is for junk.

They have been somewhat stable but certainly not perfect.

I'm not sure if you can port a phone number over to a free Google Voice line.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post