SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any advice to help resolve online seller issue with Shore Tactical?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any advice to help resolve online seller issue with Shore Tactical? Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted
I need to ask the hive about suggestions to resolve an issue with bad 300blk ammo. Shore Tactical, now known as STgunbroker sold me some ammo 2 years back. Sorry to say I did not get to take it out and shoot it until the Feb warm-up here in NE. That part is on me. I had my reasons (wife got sick and passed away) not their fault. However ammo does not feed, chamber without force, and upon returning home and closer inspection I found high primers in 2 of the first 20 or so cartridges I inspected. VERY bad don't you agree? Completely unacceptable so I wrote STgunbroker back.

Sent pictures, original winning bid email, and recently returned them at my expense because they asked me to. Now no one is answering my emails. I've enjoyed my hobby and purchases without ever encountering an issue that sellers didn't get behind and fix...till now!

Spending $40 more dollars to ship it back and original cost of $220 has fired me up and I want to either take action, or spread the word!

Anybody familiar with Shore Tactical in MD?
With this much time passed, what would the hive recommend?

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2080 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with Shore Tactical or ST Gunbroker but do they manufacture or remanufacture this ammunition or act as a reseller?

My friend and I had some defective Winchester ammunition. Same lot number, my ammunition was sold at Cabelas, my friend's at Bass Pro, purchased in early 2016. Both retailers declined any refund or exchange. On a wild idea I contacted Winchester customer service with not much hope of any assistance.

Much to my surprise they were very cooperative. Sent a prepaid UPS label. About two weeks later a refund check arrived.

Your results may vary.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Way down in Snow Hill, huh? Not familiar with them, but someone else on Maryland Shooters may be.

Come on over and join us - you're close enough. Let me know when you do and I'll vouch for you. We can see if anyone down there can help get to the bottom of things or at least if they have some kind of reputation locally.

ETA: MDShooters.com

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16317 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More details please. How much time has passed since you sent ammo back? How many calls, emails? Looks like they are still in business from what I can tell.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Not what you want to hear, but after two years (speaking as a business owner myself), I'd respectfully tell you to pack sand.

You're right that it's not their fault; it would be great if they came up with a fair solution for you, but what a fair solution would be for you would be a detriment for them.

I hope this works out for you and the seller as good as it possibly can.

Posts: 3014 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Yes, it appears they are a reseller. I began emails on 3/1, and have the signed delivery notice on 3/29. They wrote back only once since then saying it was 2 years ago (sounded like a different person most times I wrote). I then explained it covered in earlier emails and I was ASKED to return them.

Address for mfg return was 5730 North 6th Street. Fort Smith, AR 72904. I believe this is Federal Armament LLC.

------------------

Posts: 2080 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Way down in Snow Hill, huh? Not familiar with them, but someone else on Maryland Shooters may be.

Come on over and join us - you're close enough. Let me know when you do and I'll vouch for you. We can see if anyone down there can help get to the bottom of things or at least if they have some kind of reputation locally.

-Rob

Rob thanks for offer but it would be about 3hrs one way unless I've set out to vacation down there.

------------------

No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
Not what you want to hear, but after two years (speaking as a business owner myself), I'd respectfully tell you to pack sand.

You're right that it's not their fault; it would be great if they came up with a fair solution for you, but what a fair solution would be for you would be a detriment for them.

I understand my delay does not help. That's why I fessed up first. However I'm not stating it does not hold 2" or has blems. I'm saying I could not chamber 7 of 10, and also easily found high primers. That's one of the biggest no-no's in reloading and is unsafe.

------------------

posted Hide Post
I would spend a little more time confirming both by phone call and email. You should be able to find out fairly soon if they intend to do something, are stringing you along or are a terribly inefficient business. Think of what you feel is fair and see if they will honor it. It has been two years, but you could be a repeat customer. Once you answer those questions the answer will be obvious.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree with this, too much time has passed.

Posts: 4232 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
quote:

-Rob

Rob thanks for offer but it would be about 3hrs one way unless I've set out to vacation down there.

Not sure I was clear. It's a website. Think SigForum for Marylanders, only not as good, but still pretty damned good. This is an FFL (?) in our territory - someone should be able to offer better, local advice.

Join the site and inquire there. I'll let them know you're not a troll. You don't have to go anywhere.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16317 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:

I agree with this, too much time has passed.

I would agree if not for them asking him to send the ammo back. This is an expense the OP took on after they asked him to return the ammo.

If they had said sorry it's been two years OK suck it up. By telling him to ship it back at his cost they should do something. Just ignoring him is BS especial after asking him to return the ammo.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Mixed reviews:

https://www.mdshooters.com/sho...light=Shore+Tactical

You should be able to see this page as a non-member.

-Rob

A=A

No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mixed reviews:

-Rob

I did view the page, thank you. I've also seen a BBB complaint against them about ammo from near the time of my purchase. If I don't hear back I should pursue a complaint there too.

I've written and requested an update once each week the last 2 weeks requesting an update, and have not heard anything back.

------------------

Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Shore Tactical sells reloads on gunbroker. After reading their feedback, I deduced that buying their reloaded ammo is a hit or miss type of thing. Some customers very happy, others very unhappy. Kind of like buying reloaded ammo from Freedom Munitions. Because you waited so long, I would assume you're just out of luck.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10860 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
quote:
Mixed reviews:

-Rob

I did view the page, thank you. I've also seen a BBB complaint against them about ammo from near the time of my purchase. If I don't hear back I should pursue a complaint there too.

I've written and requested an update once each week the last 2 weeks requesting an update, and have not heard anything back.

I wouldn't waste too much time with the BBB. They may have been taken seriously 10 years ago, not so much anymore.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Shore Tactical sells reloads on gunbroker. After reading their feedback, I deduced that buying their reloaded ammo is a hit or miss type of thing. Some customers very happy, others very unhappy. Kind of like buying reloaded ammo from Freedom Munitions. Because you waited so long, I would assume you're just out of luck.

The problem is, he is now out of the $220 worth of ammo he shipped back after spending $40 to ship it back,

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:

I wouldn't waste too much time with the BBB. They may have been taken seriously 10 years ago, not so much anymore.

^^^ I wouldn't spend the time to dial their number... "waste-of-time".

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I would check into the States Attorney General's office to get some action. The Better Business is a waste of time.

In VA as am example, it is called Consumer Protection:

http://www.oag.state.va.us/consumer-protection/

In Maryland, they also have a Consumer Protection department. While two years may be a problem, I would still file a complaint since the ammo was returned and they failed to respond. They will not want the Attorney General breathing down their neck. Good Luck!

http://www.marylandattorneygen...ges/CPD/default.aspx

Posts: 11894 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
You waited waaaay too long.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2874 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post