SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you discuss the topic of gender fluidity with your kids?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you discuss the topic of gender fluidity with your kids? Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
It's an abomination. Made up shit by a degenerate society.

This. Exactly This.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I don't get it either.

If a 13 year old male legitimately believed he was born as the Easter Bunny, he would be sent for a mental evaluation.

If a 13 year old male legitimately believed he was the US President, he would be sent for a mental evaluation.

Why is it when a 13 year old male legitimately believes he is a female, he's sent to the mall to go dress shopping?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:

Absolutely.

Translated to a K-5 level, goes something like this...

"Mommy and I believe that God made boys and girls and that's all. Anything else is made up by people who believe something wrong, but it's important to be respectful to everybody, no matter what they call themselves. Even if they're wrong."

Or something like that.

-Rob

How would you address natural born hermaphrodites/intersex folks, generally and individually? Fake? Abominations? God's mistakes? Circus freaks? Someone needing a medical fix? A quick Google shows there are 4-5/100,000 males born XX, and even more common than that is the XXY combination. What are they, to you?

I'm just curious, Rob, no disrespect intended, given the "god made boys and girls and everything else is made up" idea, as, technically, it simply isn't true or that cut and dry.

"But dad, what about...." will inevitably come up. How would you answer, do you think?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I don't get it either.

If a 13 year old male legitimately believed he was born as the Easter Bunny, he would be sent for a mental evaluation.

If a 13 year old male legitimately believed he was the US President, he would be sent for a mental evaluation.

Why is it when a 13 year old male legitimately believes he is a female, he's sent to the mall to go dress shopping?

Yes, but it is not possible to be exposed to rabbit hormones in the uterus, as it is to be exposed to the wrong human sex hormones. And this happens when development goes awry and the fetus is exposed to the wrong hormone at the wrong time. Some of these people are affected by chromosomal and developmental abnormalities. Not all gender confusion is caused by such problems, but some is.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
quote:

Absolutely.

"Mommy and I believe that God made boys and girls and that's all. Anything else is made up by people who believe something wrong, but it's important to be respectful to everybody, no matter what they call themselves. Even if they're wrong."

Or something like that.

-Rob

How would you address natural born hermaphrodites, generally and individually? Fake? Abominations? God's mistakes? Circus freaks? Someone needing a medical fix? Smile

I'm just curious, Rob, no disrespect intended, given the "god made boys and girls and everything else is made up" idea, as, technically, it simply isn't true or that cut and dry.

"But dad, what about...." will inevitably come up. How would you answer, do you think?

There certainly are people with testes internally, but who did not develop male genitals. They appear to be girls when born, but, of course, don't ever develop as women.

This seems to be caused by the fetus not getting the right hormones at the right time. The reasons aren't fully understood, but genetic problems contribute.

They tried to raise those children as girls in the times when people theorized that gender was merely a social construct, if they were detected as intersex. Unsurprisingly, this didn't work, and those children felt like boys.

And these are just the easiest to understand of those developmental problems. Others are more subtle.

But we've got our answer, these are just made up, degenerate problems.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:Some of these people are affected by chromosomal and developmental abnormalities. Not all gender confusion is caused by such problems, but some is.

Definitely true. Those people (it's a fairly small number of individuals) who are born with chromosomal abnormalities or ambiguous genitalia are deserving of every bit of compassion and medical help we can give them to help them toward a normal life. The SJWs who just think it's trendy to say they are non-binary gender fluid beings are full of it.

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
The SJWs who just think it's trendy to say they are non-binary gender fluid beings are full of shit.

I agree, but many posters here seem unwilling to acknowledge that what I described exists.

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I agree, but many posters here seem unwilling to acknowledge that what I describes exists.

Frequently so do the SJWs.

I say do what you like, just keep it to yourself.

Posts: 8178 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
"5% of the population is trying to tell you how to think. Normally this is just ignored"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38196 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
quote:

Absolutely.

Or something like that.

-Rob

How would you address natural born hermaphrodites/intersex folks, generally and individually? Fake? Abominations? God's mistakes? Circus freaks? Someone needing a medical fix? A quick Google shows there are 4-5/100,000 males born XX, and even more common than that is the XXY combination. What are they, to you?

Well, let's consider. "Simple" (my word) hermaphrodism still involves an individual who is genetically XX or XY.

As to those with Kleinfelter's (XXY) or Chappelle's (sp?) Syndrome, as I understand it, those individuals are pretty much all sterile, so it's a self-correcting abnormality by nature, and to my way of thinking, extremely difficult to argue that it's not an abnormality.

As to how you explain this to your K-5 child asking now about complex genetic errors? For a Christian, the answer is simple. It's the result of sin. (And just so we understand what's being said here, we're talking about sin at large, in general, having entered the world, not the specific sin of any individual, but the sin that is the direct cause of all death.)

Now that we're speaking in terms of pure apologetics, what next?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16310 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, but it is not possible to be exposed to rabbit hormones in the uterus, as it is to be exposed to the wrong human sex hormones. And this happens when development goes awry and the fetus is exposed to the wrong hormone at the wrong time. Some of these people are affected by chromosomal and developmental abnormalities. Not all gender confusion is caused by such problems, but some is.

No doubt that there are some people who have legitimate medical conditions which cause this. The vast majority have no such condition.

I have spent a fair amount of my life around those with unusual lifestyles, habits, and hobbies. I don't mind being around guys who claim they are girls, or girls who claim they are guys. Just like I don't mind being around guys who claim they're the Easter bunny. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

No doubt that there are some people who have legitimate medical conditions which cause this. The vast majority have no such condition.

I have spent a fair amount of my life around those with unusual lifestyles, habits, and hobbies. I don't mind being around guys who claim they are girls, or girls who claim they are guys. Just like I don't mind being around guys who claim they're the Easter bunny. Wink

According to peer reviewed published scientific studies, real intersex issues appear in about .018% of the population. In a population of 300 million that would be 972 individuals.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12476264

The LGBTQ++ movement is not a movement to promote compassion for these individuals - surely that is obvious to anyone paying attention. The 'gender fluidity' movement says that you might feel like being a woman today and a man tomorrow and back and forth. Nonsense.

The truth is always the best solution - there are males and females. There is a tiny number of people who have real medical issues and we need to be compassionate toward those people. There are a much larger number of people who want to pretend to be something they are not or have real mental issues. Treat them like you've been taught to treat everyone else. Mind your own business and drive on.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Nonetheless, I regard "gender fluidity" as a mental health issue.

Yes. This. We've been accepting of a lot of things--but accepting mental illness as "normal" and without limitation will be our downfall. What happened to asylums?

Posts: 1725 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Depends on their age. When you have a boy wearing a dress in first grade and going by a girls' name, your kid will be asking questions. This is what goes in in the life of my in-laws in Vermont right now.

A boy wearing a dress in first grade? Bad parenting at a minimum, approaching child abuse. More than likely we have a parent that wished they had a girl, and are thus projecting and encouraging this kind of behavior tomfoolery. Using their own children to make a point.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Children are pretty smart and amazingly accepting. Of course, when your child grows up in South Florida less than a mile from one of the larger LGBTQQ communities in the US and when you travel with her to Key West on a regular basis, it is no big deal.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
From a biological point of view, true hermaphrodites in the human species are exceedingly rare. They usually tend to favor one sex over the other in the traits they express. They are usually not functional males or females. The presence of a Y chromosome usually results in a male but this is not 100%. Only a small portion of the Y chromosome actually codes for being male. This is why it is possible albeit very rare to XX males or an XY female. Such genetic aberrations are the result of improper crossover events during gamete meiosis (the formation of chromosomes contributed by the parents). Again, individuals with non-standard sex chromosomes (XX or XY) are rare and usually have a other health issues due to their genetic abnormalities.

This is a very simplified explanation of the role sex chromosomes play in determination of expressed human sexual traits. This topic can easily fill multiple chapters or an entire genetics book.

Just my $0.02,

Mike (Molecular Biologist/Immunologist, also specialized in Molecular Genetics)

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2081 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
According to peer reviewed published scientific studies, real intersex issues appear in about .018% of the population. In a population of 300 million that would be 972 individuals.

And with a world population of 7 Billion, that's 126 Million people (7,000,000,000x0.018), which seems like a ton. Honestly, I'd have never guessed there are even a tenth that many.

Anyway, thanks for answering Rob...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:And with a world population of 7 Billion, that's 126 Million people (7,000,000,000x0.018), which seems like a ton.

You are off by a factor of 100. .018% = .00018

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Depends on their age. When you have a boy wearing a dress in first grade and going by a girls' name, your kid will be asking questions. This is what goes in in the life of my in-laws in Vermont right now.

A boy wearing a dress in first grade? Bad parenting at a minimum, approaching child abuse. More than likely we have a parent that wished they had a girl, and are thus projecting and encouraging this kind of behavior tomfoolery. Using their own children to make a point.

For centuries of civilization and up until the 1800s it was common for men to wear female looking clothes, makeup, and wigs, including most of our Founding Fathers. Were they abused or mentally unstable? What about the folks in the 'stans with their flowy dresses?

Granted, I've no desire to wear any of it, and I like my junk, but today's version of "normal" is but a blip in world and human history. How do you all account for / explain away that?

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:And with a world population of 7 Billion, that's 126 Million people (7,000,000,000x0.018), which seems like a ton.

You are off by a factor of 100. .018% = .00018

Oops, thanks, I should have caught that. Still a bunch if them, though. 126,000...