SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you discuss the topic of gender fluidity with your kids?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you discuss the topic of gender fluidity with your kids? Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
I'm not trying to beat up on anyone in the LGBTQETC community, rather I'm curious how many here would feel comfortable with approach that this Brooklyn school takes. To me it's well into indoctrination territory. I think it has a better chance of confusing kids rather than helping them refine their sexual identities.

https://www.facebook.com/outla...os/1390903711004518/

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/T3wcxHiorJ4

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Mommy, today a funny clown came to class and read a story, sang and danced.

But he couldn't juggle, so it was not as much fun as the circus clowns."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Don't have kids so I cannot answer the question, but, if I had I'm afraid I'd have to tell them it's something about which they'd have to make up their own minds.

I'm also not out to beat up anybody in the LGBTQ community. Any more than I'm out to beat up people with any of the array of phobias, psychoses, psychological dependencies, etc. Nonetheless, I regard "gender fluidity" as a mental health issue.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's indoctrination.

There's a difference between treating people with respect regardless of their sexual/gender orientation, or perhaps if they have a disorder, versus celebrating that out-of-the-ordinary orientation/condition. IMO children should be taught that we are all equal under the law, and that orientation is something neither to be celebrated nor chastised. What matters is that we all meet our responsibilities, and respect the rights of others to live how they want, so long as they do no harm.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
"Gender fluidity", I have not idea what that is.
But I do know what a boy and girl is. And, what a man and women is. Other than that when it comes to gender. I am lost.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My POV is that each person can and will decide who and what they are when the time is right for them to make that choice. And I have no issue with what adults choose in life for themselves with other adults.
And to a lesser degree, with consenting non-adults (teens are gonna teen).

The above is both a very generalized statment as it is a very focused statement.

The majority of efforts such as the story in the link and that video, are mostly indoctrination, and I have a real problme with the "captive audience" as well as the collusion and interference by the public education system.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
The person in that video is not gender fluid (whatever that means). That person is just an attention whore.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12438 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The same way you discuss Quantum Physics with them, which is not at all.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
IMO children should be taught that we are all equal under the law, and that orientation is something neither to be celebrated nor chastised. What matters is that we all meet our responsibilities, and respect the rights of others to live how they want, so long as they do no harm.

Pretty much.

Smile

Biologically there are males, females, and hermaphrodites that're born that way. The rest is opinion and choice and sociological roles, and largely immaterial in most situations.

You do you, boo, and I'll do me. If Randy wants to be a Randi or Bobbi wants to be a Bob, good for them if that's what makes them happy - it doesn't affect me/you in any real way.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Look, that whole LGBTQABCDEFG, binary pronouns non-sense, is just that, non-sense. Its mental illness, nothing more, nothing less. You want to cut your dick off and dress like a girl, cool story bro. You are a mental midget. And small children should not be subjected to those with mental illness, just for the sake of "inclusion" and "diversity".

quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
There's a difference between treating people with respect regardless of their sexual/gender orientation, or perhaps if they have a disorder, versus celebrating that out-of-the-ordinary orientation/condition. IMO children should be taught that we are all equal under the law, and that orientation is something neither to be celebrated nor chastised. What matters is that we all meet our responsibilities, and respect the rights of others to live how they want, so long as they do no harm.

I agree that we should teach out children to respect others. That being said, I find no fault in telling my kids that Johnny is a fruit loop with mental issues, and we absolutely shouldn't celebrate his mental illness. We can accept Johnny for the fruit loop he is, and be nice to him, and say, "thats nice", but thats it.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
The same way at I tell any other fairy tale. Just because someone thinks they are something else it doesn't make it so.

Posts: 4114 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The same way you discuss Quantum Physics with them, which is not at all.

Depends on their age. When you have a boy wearing a dress in first grade and going by a girls' name, your kid will be asking questions. This is what goes in in the life of my in-laws in Vermont right now.

And I personally think a parent should have some kind of answer so that the school isn't the only one framing/slanting the conversation.

That said, I also don't think a parent needs to try to "explain" it, either, because it is beyond explanation, especially to a young child.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of bullshit made-up Millenial concept is 'Gender Fluidity'?

We talk about Dads and Moms. And sadly in some cases the repercussions of the lack thereof.

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
It's child abuse.

Makes every tomboy girl think she's a man, and every nerdy boy think maybe he's not.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
I'm all out of gender fluid. Can I use blinker fluid as a substitute? Roll Eyes

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's an abomination. Made up shit by a degenerate society.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Ding! Ding! Ding! The winner!

Thankfully my boys are now in their 40's, but I do have grandchildren. The two oldest being 15, the youngest 5. The older two boys look at this crap and scratch their heads then pretty much laugh at the absurdity of it all. The two youngest guys get told by their dad what they can and can't say in polite public so they stay out of trouble.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Absolutely.

Translated to a K-5 level, goes something like this...

"Mommy and I believe that God made boys and girls and that's all. Anything else is made up by people who believe something wrong, but it's important to be respectful to everybody, no matter what they call themselves. Even if they're wrong."

Or something like that.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's child abuse.

Makes every tomboy girl think she's a man, and every nerdy boy think maybe he's not.

Yup, this is the camp I am in, although I don't have kids. Gender fluidity, non-binary, are all just spin to try to normalize conditions/perceptions/leanings that well at the margin, at best. Foisting this crap on young students is simply wrong and harmful. The schools are way out of line to promote this nonsense as "normal" behavior for 95% plus of the population.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post