SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Biden opens his mouth again about the presidency
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden opens his mouth again about the presidency Login/Join 
posted
He hasn't ruled out 2020 - when he would be 78 right after the election.

Joe Biden Regrets Not Becoming President

The Huffington Post

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...president/ar-BByIveS

Former Vice President Joe Biden spoke candidly Friday about his decision to stay out of the 2016 presidential race, saying that while he still believes he did what was best for his family, he also regrets not becoming president.

Biden, speaking at Colgate University in Hamilton, New York, said he believed he could have been the Democratic nominee in 2016.

“I had planned on running for president and although it would have been a very difficult primary, I think I could have won,” he said. “Maybe not, I don’t know.”

But the former vice president said he “lost a part of [his] soul” when his son, former Delaware attorney general Beau Biden, died in 2015 of brain cancer. Beau, the former vice president said, had urged his father to run, but the elder Biden felt it would be too much of a strain on the rest of his family. He ultimately decided against running roughly five months after his son’s death.

Biden was visibly emotional while talking about his late son, calling him “the finest man I’ve ever known in my life.” He said while he doesn’t regret spending time with his family rather than on the campaign trail after Beau’s death, he still thinks about what could have been.

“Do I regret not being president? Yes,” he said.

The former vice president has previously hinted he may pursue the presidency in 2020.

Biden did offer praise for the 2016 Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton, calling her “extremely well qualified” for the role. But he also said Democrats made several fatal mistakes throughout the campaign — chiefly, not “paying enough attention” to working-class voters and spending most of the campaign criticizing Donald Trump rather than touting policy programs. He also criticized the media for largely covering the more sensational aspects of the campaign.

Biden’s speech, which largely focused on how to bolster the middle class in the face of digital innovation, was one of his first major public appearances since leaving office in January.

The former vice president also spoke on the failure of the Republican plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, saying the GOP was so focused on repealing former President Barack Obama’s signature law that they missed an opportunity to reform the legislation and make it better.

He predicted that future battles would play out similarly if Trump ignores the ways in which “the public has moved beyond their government,” noting the country’s progress on issues like same-sex marriage.

“Everyone’s entitled to their own opinions, but they’re not entitled to their own facts,” he said. “Those fights that he wins on these issues will cause [the GOP] to lose in 2018.”

Later in his remarks, he argued that the failed vote shows the necessity of electing members of Congress willing to challenge the president.

“It’s hard to stand up to a president,” Biden said. “It’s hard to be the deciding vote.”

Earlier this week, Biden appeared at a rally at the U.S. Capitol in opposition to the GOP health care bill, where he predicted the legislation would fail.

And earlier in March, he spoke at the SXSW festival in Austin, Texas, on his fight to cure cancer.

Posts: 2812 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Visions of grandeur by a man who has trouble walking and chewing gum.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I think he would have beaten Trump. Its the only thing I agree with Biden on other than the ACA was a "Big F-ing Deal!"

I knew Shill was beatable and thought they'd figure it out and pull the plug on her citing health problems, then uncle joe the savior would step in. If I were an America hating commie, and they'd asked my advice, I'd have told them to do exactly that.

Fortunately, they were as effective at predicting the outcome of the election as they are at governing. That and they were blinded by hubris.

Posts: 7631 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
I think he would have beaten Trump.
I knew Shill was beatable and thought they'd figure it out and pull the plug on her citing health problems, then uncle joe the savior would step in.

All of that except, The one factor that he/obama didn't do that is they would rather Live than fuck with the Clitons....

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
He probably would have beaten Trump, but there's no way today's democrat party is going to nominate an old white guy in 2020.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
"I was 'this' close...."

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bernie Sanders would of beat biden in the primary. These people are mentally ill. joe biden motivated no one.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Plugs wouldn't have made it past the primary. Bernie and Killary both had their own followers. Even the democrats can see that Biden is a fuckstick.

Posts: 11517 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Stand up, Chuck!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Former Vice President Joe Biden spoke candidly Friday about his decision to stay out of the 2016 presidential race, saying that while he still believes he did what was best for his family, he also regrets not becoming president.
As if 'becoming' president was up to him. The guy is bat shit crazy and very creepy to boot. He should have been institutionalized long ago.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Stand up, Chuck!

"Oh, God love you. What am I talking about?"

Posts: 7385 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I can dunk on a 10 foot goal, i just didnt want to. My wife was concerned id pull a hammy so i had to consider her in my decision...

I dont think biden would have won. Might have been closer though. Thats not even worth discussing.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"...and then, I should have said 'Oh yeah? Well, you're one, too!' Yeah, that's what I should have said. Boy, that would've been great!"

Biden/Jerk Store 2020

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poor Old Joe.
The older we get the better we were.
He is in the should have, could have, would have phase now.
Soon he won't remember what he shoulda, coulda, woulda done.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've always thought that BHO's best protection from removing him from office is that Joe Bite-Me would be pres. Eek

Posts: 23195 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
He is in the should have, could have, would have phase now.
Soon he won't remember what he shoulda, coulda, woulda done.

Big Grin

His son Beau, on his death bed, the former vice president said, had urged his father to run, and he didn't do it. Who knows? Maybe it coulda worked out?
Sorry, dude, too late now.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24580 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Bernie Sanders would of beat biden in the primary. These people are mentally ill. joe biden motivated no one.

Agreed.

Go away, Joe, and take your shotgun with you.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Stand up, Chuck!

"Oh, God love you. What am I talking about?"

Stand up for Chuck!!!!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL he regrets not being president.....He would not be. He would have lost too just like Hilary. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3091 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Well, bless his heart. Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1727 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post