SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whirlpool Stainless Steel Fridg and finger prints - Help
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whirlpool Stainless Steel Fridg and finger prints - Help Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Stainless steel is not difficult. Go find any stainless steel cleaner in a spray bottle in the cleaning aisle. You don't need anything messy or complicated. Spray on, wipe off. Just like anything else. The fingerprints should disappear no problem. This is all basically the same stuff used in professional kitchens for their daily cleaning, and if it's good enough to work on those surfaces, it will shine up your fridge in a hurry.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by snowdog:
Sheila Shine

http://www.sheilashineinc.com/

Also available on Amazon.[/QUOTE

Beat me to it!

We use this in the showroom, a little goes along way. It does take some elbow grease to get it even.
We have used Citrus Shine, Weiman’s and Magic Stainless cleaner. It’s mostly an oil with some fragrance.

Some companies state not to use Citrus cleaners, some recommend them by brand.

Some of the new stainless steel appliances are “smudge proof”. It’s a coating that cleans up with basic dish soap and a damp cloth.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some great suggestions! Thanks

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
These work very well!

https://www.amazon.com/Weiman-...0?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

The aerosol spray version works well too. Sometimes I just need to do a small spot – wouldn’t want to waste a whole wipe. Wiping with a dry dishcloth works better than a paper towel.

www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZY1WZM8/r..._api_i_TbTWDbBRJMB2T

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
We have a whirlpool stainless steel front refrigerator. We use Weiman stainless steel cleaner and polish. Works great, you must wipe with grain of the metal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Denatured alcohol. It's an excellent degreaser, and I use it extensively in the shop. It evaporates quickly leaving no residue. Available at your local hardware store in quart and gallon cans. I use the gallon size to refill smaller bottles/dispensers.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10876 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FLITZ stainless steel cleaner- spray on, wipe off with a microfiber with the grain and gone, also protects against rusting.

https://www.amazon.com/Flitz-S...83657821924629&psc=1

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
WD40

This is what the appliance guys used at a company I use to work with used. I thought it was strange. I've never owned any SS appliances and hope we don't end up with them when we finish remodel.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post