SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whirlpool Stainless Steel Fridg and finger prints - Help
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whirlpool Stainless Steel Fridg and finger prints - Help Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have any real good, tried and true methods to clean the front of SS refrigerators? Mine is a whirlpool.

For some reason my family has never grasped the idea of handles and how to use them. Finger prints drive me crazy!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Mr.Clean Magic Eraser.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7275 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Wear gloves?

Or paint it white.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Or paint it white.

Despite the trend of SS, my wife refuses to switch from white due to fingerprint issues.

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They make stainless steel cleaners specifically for this purpose. Will be in the aisle with the Windex and other stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Mr.Clean Magic Eraser.

For finger prints??

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
We use Lemon Pledge in the spray can on the stainless appliances in our kitchen. I’m sure that’s probably wrong and will end in some kind of disaster.

I bet WD-40 would work,too.

Spray it on a rag and wipe the surface with it.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I have a stainless steel fridge in my outdoor kitchen that gets gross with fingerprints. Here's what I found that works very well.

Dawn dish soap and bronze wool. Just a few drops of Dawn on the bronze wool with some water to help suds it up.

I follow the "grain" of the steel and dry the surface quickly with a clean terry towel. This leaves the surface pristine.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
These work very well!

https://www.amazon.com/Weiman-...0?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39230 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
After reading arfmel's post it got me to wondering if I used a silicone detailing spray after my cleaning method above if I wouldn't get more lasting results.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dawn dish soap and bronze wool. Just a few drops of Dawn on the bronze wool with some water to help suds it up.

I follow the "grain" of the steel and dry the surface quickly with a clean terry towel. This leaves the surface pristine.

That sounds like a plan for the occasional "deep clean".
I keep a bottle of soap water handy, a fairly light mixture of Dawn dish soap and water for most light cleaning. Soap water on a dishrag will get most of it with a quick wipe.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sheila Shine

http://www.sheilashineinc.com/

Also available on Amazon.

Posts: 296 | Location: North Central Florida | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
These work very well!

https://www.amazon.com/Weiman-...0?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

While I've not tried this particular brand, there are several "wipes" made specifically for stainless steel that will amaze you; they are quick and easy to use. Some of the spray cleaners work well but the wipes are my wife's favorite appliance cleaner.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 823 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weimans wipes. Was available at Kroger.

Posts: 1221 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Cattle fence zapper wired to the door panel! Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4653 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
We bought some stuff recommended by Wolf appliance manufacturer.

Signature Multi-surface Cleaning Polish. Made in the USA, not cheap, but is stated to work on damned near everything from wood furniture to stainless steel to granite.

www.signaturepolishonline.com

1-877-376-5474

Posts: 1570 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speaks Bendablese
posted Hide Post
Invisible Glass and a microfiber towel will do wonders. You may have to clean twice if there is a lot of finger...dirt. The alcohol-based cleaner doesn't leave a residue.

Posts: 287 | Location: MD | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a Whirlpool s/s fridge. It has convenient handles to open both the top and bottom doors. A little training and we now only have the fingerprint problem when company comes over.

After some discussion, we decided that having friends was probably more important than having a pristine fridge. We use SYSCO Satin Shine spray.

Posts: 709 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snowdog:
Sheila Shine

http://www.sheilashineinc.com/

Also available on Amazon.

Beat me to it!

Posts: 2844 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
WD40

Posts: 1518 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Lemon Pledge. Recommended by my MIL who has cleaned high end houses for many years.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post