SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    G Gordon Liddy died today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G Gordon Liddy died today Login/Join 
posted
Older members of the forum will remember him well. He was quite a character. FBI Agent, attorney, convicted felon, talk show host, actor, author, Watergate conspirator.

As a convicted felon, he was not allowed to own any weapons. My favorite quote of his: "I don't own any weapons, but Mrs. Liddy owns 27, some of which she keeps on my side of the bed."

Posts: 1054 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
R.I.P GMan!!!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Damn.

He was certainly a colorful character with a heck of a resume'.

One of my favorite books is When I Was A Kid This Was A Free Country.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Damn

I liked his talk show in the early 90’s

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
He was willing to take one for the team,, literally. RIP G Gordon.

Wasn’t he and Timothy Leary mortal enemies? Until they found the talk show circuit.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP G Gordon.
Liddy refused to implicate his bosses at his Watergate trial,saying “my father didn’t raise a rat and a snitch.” He served asentence longer than any of his fellow Watergate conspirators.

He believed in “omertà”. Hard core to the end.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lived in the Phoenix area in the late '80s.
I was pulling into a gas station when a man, completely dressed in black, stepped in front of me without looking. I managed to avoid hitting him and thought he looked familiar- brush cut, cropped moustache, dark sunglasses. He definitely had a no-nonsense look to him. I thought it was G. Gordon and confirmed it when saw the plate on his Black Volvo- H2OGATE.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend Will: The Autobiography of G. Gordon Liddy

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very controversial figure who lived a very full life.

Plus he had a very diverse career:
Lawyer, FBI agent, talk show host, actor, US Army Veteran. He was also very well educated.

I loved his book Out of Control.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I too enjoyed hearing him on the radio.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
He was willing to take one for the team,, literally. RIP G Gordon.

Wasn’t he and Timothy Leary mortal enemies? Until they found the talk show circuit.

As I recall his mortal enemy was John Dean, who testified against him.

I miss his "Review and Commentary on News and Current Events" on his radio talk show. I also loved his appearances on Miami Vice as William Maynard (aka. Captain Real Estate), with his evil cohort "The Mung".

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
He was quite the character.

I enjoyed his books.

Posts: 53192 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Loved his radio show back in the day. Vigorous, virile and POTENT! Ha Ha . Also had several stacked and packed calendars my wife bought for me. RIP G Man!

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Rest easy G-Man. Your caliber will never be exceeded let alone equaled. You’ll be missed Wink

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Damn it. I hate that.

I dont own any Weapons but mrs. Liddy is armed to the teeth!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Spoke with him once. He was very gracious. I had family in the White House at the time of the Watergate shenanigans. His book Will is worth the read, as is Silent Coup. IIRC Dean attempted to sue him without success.

Liddy preferred not to be called Mr. as he always said that Mr. Liddy was his father.

RIP Gordon.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I dont own any Weapons but mrs. Liddy is armed to the teeth!

I always chuckled when he said that. Big Grin

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was certainly a colorful character with a heck of a resume'.

That was definitely true. I recall being quite put off by his ready admission that he would have killed various American citizens had he been ordered to do so.

Posts: 7315 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Now, he can enlighten the devil as to what he doesn't know. RIP GGL.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember him responding to criticism of remarks he had made on his radio show about taking his grandkids shooting and using photos of the President and First Lady, probably the Clintons, as targets. He said he saw nothing wrong with it as it was a beautiful afternoon and he thought it was time to expose the kids to full automatic fire. His autobiography, Will, remains one if the best books I have ever read.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post