SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oh, look at the pretty birds, fluttering to and fro...IN MY HOUSE!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh, look at the pretty birds, fluttering to and fro...IN MY HOUSE!!! Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The shit bomb takes the cake. Ugh.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19721 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I had a indoor-outdoor cat that would catch a bird and immediately bring it into the house still alive. She caught a grackle once and it got away as soon as she brought it in. It had to be comical as I was chasing that sucker around with a big landing net as it flew all over the house, shitting everywhere. I finally caught it and tossed it out but that SOB had crapped all over the house. I didn't think one bird was capable of having that much crap inside it.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1868 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
TECHNICALLY shouldn't they have apologized to you?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
LOL thank goodness you had cookies around!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7122 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Suggested New Years Resolution (you might be able to keep): Let the cat handle the birds.

Happy New Year!

Posts: 3441 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Right under the wire. Best post of the year! Big Grin

Posts: 11399 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to laugh all night and maybe all next week on that one Para.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11019 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I had to run two Carolina Wrens out of my Tuff Shed yesterday before I closed it up and had one in my garage Monday. They will follow you right in an open door, the little farts.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
For some reason this thread made me wonder if you had archived the thread where you were doing election recon around your house.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll put another vote in for wreath removal. Something like this is funny enough in hindsight, but not funny at all if it repeats.

Well told, by the way.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2073 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife loves to put wreaths on the front door. Every so often I forget about the wrens that love to nest and sleep their at night. Every once in a while I get a wren flying into the entry way. Damn Birds. Thank goodness most times they aren't too hard to get turned around and back out the door

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at Fleet Farm today with my wife and we heard the sound of birds tweeting. She asked if they sold pets. Don't think so. Started looking around, and sure enough, couple of birds perched way up high on a shelf. Saw another one flying around in a different part of the store. Now that's an authentic farm store!

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Har har har har.. thanks for the laugh. Happy New year!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Thanks, the whole family had a good laugh. A birdless new year to you.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a bird get in the house once . Thank God my wife isn't scared of critters . It took the both of us to chase his little ass back out the door . BTW , ceiling fans are hell on birds . I don't know how that little SOB survived that hit .

Posts: 4071 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
lol. my favorite line:

"Wife remains free range"

I dont know why that got me to chuckling.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3595 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's time once again for Holidays with Para

Posts: 107751 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Missed the OP when it was originally posted. That's gold

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I would have had to insert multiple cocktail breaks by the time I hit step 8. At least birds don't carry rabies!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17306 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Been there. It's frustrating when a little bird can checkmate you.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6987 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post