SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hammer Drill Recommendation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hammer Drill Recommendation Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
After renting a Bosch rotohammer, I bought one. It has done all kinds of things, even served as a light duty jackhammer. My son was younger when I bought it and didn’t quite get rotohammer. It has been the “rodeo hammer” ever since. Big Grin

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
In my years working as a homebuilding superintendent, it was mostly Hilti I saw.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback. More is welcome.

It's time to go shopping. At a minimum, I will be buying a 3 stage rotary hammer, rather than a simple hammer drill.

A

ETA: Is there a preference for battery or corded? If battery, I am in the DeWalt 20V universe and would want to stay there.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
After starting with ryobi, graduating to ridgid and now owning all Milwaukee, I wouldn’t buy anything else unless Milwaukee didn’t make it.

They have a few different size SDS units in both 12 volt and 18 volt varieties depending upon the task.

Bosch or Hilti would be the only others I would consider.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
After renting a Bosch rotohammer, I bought one. It has done all kinds of things, even served as a light duty jackhammer. My son was younger when I bought it and didn’t quite get rotohammer. It has been the “rodeo hammer” ever since. Big Grin

Rodeo Hammar...That's Awesome! We have words and descriptions for things like that in our family as well. Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8870 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post