SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Toast without butter is a life not worth living
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toast without butter is a life not worth living Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Apple butter, sir!

Preferably from the church down the road. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Creamed chipped beast.........yum

No butter required on the toast.

Posts: 647 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Olive oil and mushed tomatoes

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I prefer not to ruin my butter by spreading it on burnt bread.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I'm in the "you misspelled bacon" camp.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And if it's not SALTED butter, then you're a heathen.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Don't do what I once did, mistake a cellophane-wrapped chunk of Crisco for cream cheese. Not so good on a bagel!

Posts: 6477 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
So you are saying that you DON'T have a brother that orders four whole fried chickens and a Coke?

Posts: 5740 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Real peanut butter (i.e. the kind that you have to stir the oil and only has 2 ingredients - peanuts and salt) is an upgrade to butter

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I rarely butter toast. Usually just put some blackberry or strawberry rhubarb jam and I'm good to go.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
vthoky said it! Apple butter.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Yeah, good toast with Kerrygold Irish butter is fit for a king.[/QUOTE

Kerrygold is what we normally have in the house.

However, and many might find this a bit nuts, "Summer Butter" (available April to October) from Nordic Creamery is awesome! It's a European-style butter made from the first milk of cows that have been grazing on grass pastures after eating hay during the winter.

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I have been making my own bread in a bread machine for a few years now.
My current loaf is Sour Dough.
I like a nice piece of American cheese on my toast right after it comes out of the toaster.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2572 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Toast without butter AND a choice of honey, preserves, jam, jelly, cinnamon-sugar mixture, peanut butter, Nutella, etc. is a crime. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
<snip>
I like a nice piece of American cheese on my toast right after it comes out of the toaster.

Sounds good! But you might try Muenster cheese instead. It melts as readily as American cheese, but has more character.

Despite its German-sounding name Muenster was developed in the US, and AFAIK, is made exclusively in the US.

My stores offer it in various forms, including slices the same size as American cheese.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
If ya got some heavy cream or half and half plus a mason jar with lid ( throw in a dash of salt). Make your own butter in about 15 min of heavy shaking.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Rye toast. Buttered then peanut buttered. Amazing.

Posts: 3456 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The tall one wants white bread, toast, dry, with nothing on it.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Butter is on my short list of items that I always have on hand.

I also like the occasional toast with (salted) butter.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So it was sourdough. I had a bowl of clam chowder. I didn’t have anything worthy, that I could deploy quickly. (I didn’t have time to make butter from cream).

Mttaylor sure takes butter seriously. I’ll have to scout around for some that he mentions, I’m just afraid they may be to “flavorful” for my taste.

Vthoky, I just made apple butter. Four honey crisp and three Granny Smith. Some spices and six hours of slow cooking. It’s Al, I have been having for dessert. PB& apple butter.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post