SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Toast without butter is a life not worth living
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toast without butter is a life not worth living Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
I made toast. I don't have butter. That is all.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Maybe try it with olive oil? Dunno, just thinkin' out loud here.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Dave's whole grain.
It's pretty ok w/o butter.

https://www.daveskillerbread.com/

Just don't use it for French toast or toasted cheese.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
P-Nut, P-Nut Butter, Jelly....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of a song that Sting wrote. “English Man in New York” where he sings that he likes his toast toasted on one side only. Toasted on one side sounds weird but no butter... Time to get the peanut butter out. Crazy Dave’s Bread is about all I use but have to have butter.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Butter is preferred, but cream cheese is acceptable.

I stock up when the store has a BOGO sale, and I try to keep a minimum of two one-pound packages of butter in the freezer.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
If you have an Avocado then you can have Avocado Toast. It's good stuff.

I've been known to cook some bacon and use some of the leftover bacon grease on the toast. That's even better.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Prefer butter for proper toast - crispy, well browned outside, soft inside.

Next butter & honey (acacia)

Next butter & marmalade

Next mascarpone

Finally evoo

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Toast with Bacon only is quite wonderful! Smile

Posts: 790 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Funny thing, this came across twitter last night about toast. Smile

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/...553548806467804?s=20

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Ain't you got no bacon fat in your fridge?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Yeah, good toast with Kerrygold Irish butter is fit for a king.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
For me, it’s the butter on the toast that makes life worth living.

Grocery store “American” butter isn’t worth putting on toast. Butter that is fermented (read “cultured”), salted with higher fat content is what you really want.

I have a lot of issues with the French, but they do make outstanding butter, especially in Normandy. Beurre de Isigny St. Mere is as addictive as crack. Makes most butters taste like soft plastic. Other countries make decent butter as well. Iceland, Belgium, Finland. I love Ireland, but their butter is closer to the ubiquitous grocery store butter mentioned above.

There are decent American butters, Vermont Creamery comes to mind. Vermont butter moves the needle, but French butter buries it.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1601 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
One made up word for your situation: Hagelslag

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Honey..the condiment..not you Big Grin

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The British eat beans on toast, and your name is Beancoker so...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

Whot? No Vegemite?

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4812 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Oh, no left over bacon grease? Growing up, mom would always save the bacon grease in a jar. We would be given toast with the bacon grease smeared on, it was delicious! I particularly liked when some of the browned part was on it, yum. And we were all skinny kids.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

PB
Cream cheese
Jam

All work in a pinch to lube it up

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
It depends on the bread. I can eat "dry" sourdough or Italian Rosemary Olive Oil bread just fine. Plain bread...not so much.

When I was doing a lot of Mexico flying at Express, there was one overnight that would give us a "breakfast bag" for our VERY early departure the next morning. I remember there being a toast "sandwich" with strawberry jam/jelly and cream cheese. It was tasty...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post