SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm sitting at the dealership for the fifth time with my 2015 Buick
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm sitting at the dealership for the fifth time with my 2015 Buick Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
This is the 5th time for a coolant leak. First time, they couldn't find it. Second time, they said they fixed it. Third time, they said the turbo went bad but they couldn't replace it that day. Fourth time, they replaced the turbo. It still smelled like antifreeze and the reservoir level continuously goes down so I'm here for the fifth time.

When I pulled the car into their stall the battery went dead. Roll Eyes

Wish me luck.

Posts: 45327 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I do. (Do they serve lemonade?)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Coolant leaking from the turbo is a common problem with those engines. Get it fixed and then unload the car is the best advice. Sorry you have to deal with all of that.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
They found a different leak. They said $278 so I had them check the warranty. They came back that it's covered and so is the battery. So, there's that.

Posts: 45327 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you need to find a competent service department.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
They found a different leak. They said $278 so I had them check the warranty. They came back that it's covered and so is the battery. So, there's that.

Sucks that you had to tell them to check the warranty. I'm with PowerSurge, trade it

Posts: 13162 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Agreed with the others, I'd dump it.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I am with the others, drop kick it out of your life.

Posts: 5297 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Sell it and buy a used Honda or Toyota. A buddy of mind only drover old beater American cars until he finally got sick and tired of fixing them. He bought a used Toyota Camry with 197K miles on and never had an issue until his wife totaled it inside of two years. He's a convert now.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
It's a shame that you're having these issues when Buick has been the most reliable US brand for several years (until 2018 when they fell behind Ford, numbers 18 and 19 overall, respectively, according to Consumer Reports).

Good luck with it.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
Sell it and buy a used Honda or Toyota. A buddy of mind only drover old beater American cars until he finally got sick and tired of fixing them. He bought a used Toyota Camry with 197K miles on and never had an issue until his wife totaled it inside of two years. He's a convert now.
We went from Toyota to Buick. We couldn't get out from under the Toyota fast enough. The 2013 Corolla was the worst car I've ever owned.

We're happy with the Encore and there are only a few more payments.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
We went from Toyota to Buick. We couldn't get out from under the Toyota fast enough. The 2013 Corolla was the worst car I've ever owned.

I'm on my second Corolla, a 2012, and I couldn't be happier. What sort of issues did you have with yours?

I get that a Corolla is NOT a luxury car nor an SUV and I can certainly understand moving up to an Encore from that perspective.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15178 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

I'm on my second Corolla, a 2012, and I couldn't be happier. What sort of issues did you have with yours?

I get that a Corolla is NOT a luxury car nor an SUV and I can certainly understand moving up to an Encore from that perspective.
We had a 2010 Corolla that was pretty good but the lease was up and we went with the 2013 Corolla. The cab must have been much, much smaller. I couldn't fit in the front and the kids couldn't fit in the back. Terrible driving experience. For some reason it drank fuel much faster than the 2010. We both just hated that car.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Finally out of there.

Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
I think I found your problem. There's a Buick logo on your radiator.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Buicks are great cars, is it the 2.0?

Posts: 5293 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Does the Lemon Law apply here?

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been happy with my Honda Accords over the years. In the past my wife has preferred Buicks. They are certainly more roomy but do not last nearly as long.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
2015 Buick

Buick what? Good God, don't tell me Encore. This car is built by GM of Korea, fka Daewoo. Nothing good has ever come from there. Ever.

Posts: 27817 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
No matter what you drive, somebody will have owned one exactly like it that they can rightfully call the worst car/SUV/pickup they’ve ever owned.

Statistics is the analysis of large numbers. My guess is that 100 Honda and 100 Toyota owners will be happier than 100 Buick owners. Just my guess.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4212 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post