SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Robe/sweats for going to the beach in the morning to swim?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robe/sweats for going to the beach in the morning to swim? Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
I’m trying to find a washable wool robe, with a hood.

Otherwise, I guess I could try to find very large wool sweat pants, and some kind of washable sweater and knit cap.

This is for swimming when it’s too cold to lay in the sun and dry off on the beach.

Posts: 5738 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I don't know that you will find a wool one, but what you are looking for is called a "swim parka."

https://us.speedo.com/men/parkas.list

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
OK, so I need the “fat boy” version of that. Big Grin

Posts: 5738 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Well, I may have found one. Not sure what XXL is for speedo, but it might work.

posted Hide Post
Black socks and sandles are appropriate accessorizing Big Grin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So... This will cover your... Speedo? Anyway, wool might work because it warm when wet. But I would go Poly Fleece since its easy care and dries fast. Amazon has a bunch of them listed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Black socks and sandles are appropriate accessorizing Big Grin

LMFAO....made my day !

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
What about a Terry cloth surf parka? I have a few from Sun Cube. I use them to change out of my wet suit or swim suit at the beach before driving home.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
So... This will cover your... Speedo?

Pshaw, clearly a man of my age and waist size only swims in gold lamé thongs.

Big Grin

This is to keep me warm from the elevator to the water, and then from the water back to my condo, and to keep from dripping on the floor.

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
In many of our threads on interesting topics in this forum the reader demands that the OP share a picture of the item in question being used…

In this case we’ll just take your word on it! ;-)

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
So... This will cover your... Speedo?

Pshaw, clearly a man of my age and waist size only swims in gold lamé thongs.

Big Grin

This is to keep me warm from the elevator to the water, and then from the water back to my condo, and to keep from dripping on the floor.

Check out the beaches in Europe some time.

There are a lot more oiled up old guys with skin like old shoe leather in Speedos than there are pretty girls in bikinis.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post