SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ohio middle school student suspended for ‘liking’ Instagram photo of a fake gun
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ohio middle school student suspended for ‘liking’ Instagram photo of a fake gun Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I live a few minutes away from that area and what surprises me is that it's very deeply trump town around here

Posts: 3390 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Board has a “zero tolerance” of violent, disruptive, harassing, intimidating, bullying, or any other inappropriate behavior by its students.
What about 'liking' an Instagram pic violated any of this? These morons are stupid on steroids and the superintendent needs to be fired on the spot for total lack of brain function. Zero tolerance my ass! There was never a violation here in the first place so their stupid 'zero tolerance' BS doesn't apply.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless things change for the better, I have some grand sons who will have a hard time in school.
My soon to be 3 y.o. grandson would rather watch hunting shows than cartoons.

I took his cousin, my 7 y.o. grandson to the gunshow with me sat and he wanted me to buy him a rifle with a scope on it, so we could go squirrel hunting after the show.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
how about a zero tolerance for stupid school administrators

this should cost Fucknesser his job

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
The douche that issued the suspension needs a blanket party...ASAP!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10987 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Sending your kids to public school is child abuse.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:

I took his cousin, my 7 y.o. grandson to the gunshow with me sat and he wanted me to buy him a rifle with a scope on it, so we could go squirrel hunting after the show.

Which one did you buy him? Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
As much as I like you guys it's time to shut down the fucking internet. I mean it. The amount of insanity that can be traced back to the group think created by this unintentional shitstorm of continuous information and media saturation will end us all

this isn't going away

Just pull the plug

I guarantee we can get the sigforum pen pal club going

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Sending your kids to public school is child abuse.

I must be a really bad parent.

Posts: 589 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is an 8 year old on instagram?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2783 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:

I don't know why any parent lets their kid have a social media account. Nothing good will come of it.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:

I don't know why any parent lets their kid have a social media account. Nothing good will come of it.

Or a smartphone either. Ridiculous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Link

Ohio boy's suspension over gun photo 'liked' on Instagram is dropped, family says

A middle school student in Ohio was handed a 10-day suspension for “liking” a picture of a gun on Instagram with the caption “ready” -- but the school eventually dropped the suspension, according to his family.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10375 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
Link

Ohio boy's suspension over gun photo 'liked' on Instagram is dropped, family says

A middle school student in Ohio was handed a 10-day suspension for “liking” a picture of a gun on Instagram with the caption “ready” -- but the school eventually dropped the suspension, according to his family.

They can follow that by dropping the administrator and eventually the entire School Board

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mongo always thinking. Mongo very deep. You only see bad Mongo, but Mongo think, think, think and figure things out, like bad boy is bad for liking picture of bad gun. Mongo got a handle on it.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
His name's Russ Fussnecker? That's nucking futs!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Seems that school has some problems.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local...nic-in-butler-county

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, in a sanctuary city, an undocumented immigrant illegal alien Albert Einstein High School student is arrested for having a stolen police AR-15 and a stolen vehicle on campus, then released on $2000 bond.

http://www.bethesdamagazine.co...ault-Rifle-in-Trunk/o

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Holy First Amendment, Batman.

Schools have damn near unfettered power (Constitution notwithstanding) to regulate students while they are at school and doing school stuff. Searches, abridgment of speech, etc. I think the power afforded is overbroad, but that is the state of the law.

But this was a kid entirely on his own time. How can the school (state) regulate that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Interesting article on Russ Fussnecker from 2014:

School Principal Arming Up To Protect His Students

quote:
In Trenton Ohio, Edgewood High School Principal Russ Fussnecker has decided to take advantage of the law that gives him an ability to carry a firearm while at work. While Fussnecker is a gun owner, he still needs his Concealed Weapons permit and then undergo special training in order to be allowed to carry while on school grounds.

Article from 2016:
Would armed campus administrators deter school gun violence?

quote:
School Superintendent Russ Fussnecker is vigilant about protecting his students.

“We’re going to do everything we can to make sure students are safe,” Fussnecker said. “Parents will forgive you if their children don’t pass the test, but they are not going to forgive you if the child is injured or if they are never going to return home.”

I'm not sure what to make of Russ Fussnecker. I'm leaning towards attention whore.

Posts: 11610 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post