SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ohio middle school student suspended for ‘liking’ Instagram photo of a fake gun
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ohio middle school student suspended for ‘liking’ Instagram photo of a fake gun Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liking a post on social media that indicated potential school violence.

Not sure which disturbs me more. SJWs equating the 'liking' of an airsoft picture to 'potential school violence', or how it is that said 'liking' comes to become public information.

Posts: 15143 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
‘you just suspended him for 10 days for ‘liking’ a picture of a gun on a social media site,” his father, Marty Bowlin said. “He never shared, he never commented, he never made a threatening post… anything on the site, just liked it.”

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
These would be the same type of imbeciles, who would've used The Nuremberg Defense : "I was just following orders."

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The administrators need to have their lives ruined. An example needs to be made of these fools. Zero tolerance, zero common sense policies like this probably foster more violence than they could ever hope to avoid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
What the actual fuck is happening to our country, I need to stop clicking on these stories they make me sick to my stomach for our one year old.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Why the rest of the kids are not liking the same photo to prove a point is beyond me...

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
Insanity. Need selective comet strike on the liberals Wink

Pray this PC BS is addressed to some degree in next few years and begins to swing the other way. Problem is - this represents a public school system that has become populated by self-serving, liberal democrat robots who's only original idea involved putting butter on toast.

But it's probably not even REAL butter, but that crap they've been TOLD to eat.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Why the rest of the kids are not liking the same photo to prove a point is beyond me...

Step 1 in brainwashing, instill fear in your subjects.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The only thing we should have "zero tolerance" for is administrators that behave like that OH middle school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Stickman, had one too many Redbulls again. I think this is just a bit over the top.

400 feet is much more reasonable.

I would prefer the first one is dropped at 1000 feet, then you lower the helo so they can see what happened then take it to 400 feet for the remainder.

-TVz

Posts: 435 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
This wouldn't happen if they listened to me.

10 years or less before it implodes.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
How do these people stand to live with themselves?

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3124 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
This also shows you how bad the media is. Questions not asked include:

How did the school discover this?
There was another person that "liked" the photo and whoever posted the photo in the first place. What happened to them?
When you look at the screenshot, several sites seemed to have blacked out a line leaving the word "ready." What is this about?

Recall I had a middle school student dumped into my SPED after school credit recovery class. When I asked what the reason was the answer went that during a weekend, off school grounds another student "thought" guy said he had a gun. Huh?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
You PC Brah?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4635 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
"the school has a “zero tolerance policy” for any inappropriate behavior, including “misbehavior” that occur off school property"

Inappropriate behavior - as defined by whom? The Board's behavior in suspending the student was inappropriate.

What happens off school property outside of school hours is none of their @!*& business.

Posts: 4055 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I bet if some hackers got into that administrators google search history they could find some "inappropriate" material.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
After realizing Zach's decision to like the photo was non-threatening, Fussnecker revoked the suspension, which means Zach can go back to school without penalty on Monday.

link

Posts: 11610 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
After realizing Zach's decision to like the photo was non-threatening, Fussnecker revoked the suspension, which means Zach can go back to school without penalty on Monday.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Insane.

The simple minded assholes who are responsible for the rule itself deserve a severe beating, in public, daily, for - I dunno - a month straight or something. Dumbfucks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

link

quote:
He said the Instagram post made some students so uncomfortable they stayed away from school.

Wow, they really dodged a bullet small piece of plastic there.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post