SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thanks for being there, friends.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks for being there, friends. Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
Thanks for all the kindness and thoughts and prayers and comfort during when my brother was diagnosed with cancer up until he died. All the replies and emails and texts were really appreciated.

Thanks so much. Seriously. I may have lost a brother but you've shown I have lots more here.

If you'd ever want to do something for me, you can do me a favor and, if you smoke, do your best to quit. I lost a grandfather, a father and a brother to smoking related disease. It sucks to watch someone you love die in front of your eyes. I know it's not easy, just try for me. That's all I wanted to say.

Posts: 45382 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Amen brother.

Posts: 11393 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Always

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You're welcome, Mark. And your comments about smoking are on the mark. My dad died at age 75 after 11 years degradation following serious strokes. He'd been a heavy smoker all his adult life. He (and my mother) started smoking long before the really bad effects of it were well known.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Lost my mom to esophageal cancer. A really cruel way to die. Lose your voice box. Your teeth. Have to have a feeding tube, and add powder to water to thicken it so you don’t choke.

I would have an occasional “social” cigarette. Can’t imagine doing it now.

I enjoy your posts, and will be thinking of you Mark.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post