SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    BREAKING: Mass worldwide IT outage hits airlines, media and banks
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BREAKING: Mass worldwide IT outage hits airlines, media and banks Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Anybody know what the symptoms are? Is this server or client? Both?

My IT managed system won't boot this morning. Blue screens. Something about page fault. Coincidence or related?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13069 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
BSOD was one of the symptoms I read so it sounds like your computer’s issue is related.

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Some of the federal government computer systems are also affected.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
BSOD - looks like my system is affected. How is IT going to push a fix if my system doesn't boot? Not bootable means there is a client side issue, right? Not just server side?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13069 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
As far as I know my organization is not being impacted by this. There is some more info here, including a possible fix for your client machine.

TRY at your own risk:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/k...and-what-to-do-next/

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1782 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hospital I visited today is having issues as well. Paper charting and I would bet cancelled procedures.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 389 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Probably not a good day to do any financial transactions over the Internet. Eek

Posts: 9232 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Probably not a good day to do any financial transactions over the Internet. Eek

Yup. I had planned to pay my bills today through online bill pay, but then I found out about this.
I think I'll hold off a day or two now.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16628 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's not all banks. Both of mine are still fully functional, and all my online bill payments for today went through as scheduled.

Vanguard is also up, though I don't have any transactions set up for today.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
TD Bank mobile app AND online banking are both affected.

FWIW, I am able to login to Fidelity though.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I logged into my bank account (Chase) with no issues, though didn't conduct any transactions. I'm reluctant to log into my brokerage account with Fidelity. I do use a Mac so that make me feel a bit more secure.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39185 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I'm in O'Hare this morning....Term-3 departure hall full of BSODs as far as one cane see. My 930 return to PHL bumped to 1030....now to 1145.
Hope for the best.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4650 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Parked in long term parking, waited for shuttle bus to terminal, flight canceled. I thought of renting a car and driving the 1800 miles, but don't want to now. Will rebook everything and push trip back a week. I got one non-refundable hotel reservation refunded already. So far I'm just out a few hours and a 104 mile roundtrip airport run.

Posts: 3666 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Reported that the glitch has been identified and the fix already rolled out. Will take some time for completion.

CBS News

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16825 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
No issues for me…

Cool

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11185 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jed7s9b:
I hospital I visited today is having issues as well. Paper charting and I would bet cancelled procedures.

Wife works at the hospital and she says it is currently an absolute nightmare.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25646 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Anybody know what the symptoms are? Is this server or client? Both?

My IT managed system won't boot this morning. Blue screens. Something about page fault. Coincidence or related?

"the reason is that the problem has to do with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) products that run on individual client computers."

Also: ""It turns out that because the endpoints have crashed — the Blue Screen of Death — they cannot be updated remotely and the problem must be solved manually, endpoint by endpoint. This is expected to be a process that will take days,"

CBS News

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16825 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
No issues for me…

"Mac and Linux hosts are not impacted," he posted smugly (I actually run both PC and Mac). Smile

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Reported that the glitch has been identified and the fix already rolled out. Will take some time for completion.

CBS News

So, does that mean if you don't use Microsoft 365 subscription products you shouldn't have any issues?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16628 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Allegiant just sent me $100 and I haven't been home from the airport an hour yet. Kind of impressed, but I need a refund for that flight or a rebook too.

Posts: 3666 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post