SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The N-Word & Wokeness In Power - American Conservative article
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The N-Word & Wokeness In Power - American Conservative article Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The TV Commercials are especially galling to me. I recently saw one promoting mask wearing that showed people of many different races. Except white men.

Standard fare spouse color or gender 1 and spouse color or gender 2 with three offspring of varying races and maybe genders (sex?). I’m so confused

Posts: 777 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ensigmatic. If you don’t mind, I’m going to borrow your response above and send some of my family. I could never come up with something as succinct

Posts: 777 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
If you are so afraid to use the word nigger how are you ever going to confront it? What's the point in saying the "N word"? When someone reads or hears some one say the "N word" their minds voice is automatically saying nigger. Try it.
What exactly are we trying to hide from?

Words don't always mean what you think. Nigger is not exclusive.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Some people look to prevent others from using a word so as to impose a degree of supremacy. It is a form of oppression exercised by teapot tyrants and hypocrites. I don’t use the word because it is ugly. It makes me feel ugly, But being compelled is worse. My nature is to resist compulsion by those practicing unrighteousness dominion.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29727 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Ensigmatic. If you don’t mind, I’m going to borrow your response above and send some of my family. I could never come up with something as succinct

Feel free. Thanks for asking.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
The question posed at the end:

"... will the merciless standards — including double standards — of the Woke drive us closer to violent conflict?

I don't know about "violent conflict," but I do know I'm more bigoted today than I was in the past. I attribute that solely to BLM and the entire "woke" movement.

Let me be clear: I'm not bigoted toward individuals based on any particular physical characteristics. I assume everybody's ok by default. But what I have done is turned entirely off to any and all stories, testimonies, complaints, what-have-you, related to racism, bigotry, sexism, name-your-ism-or-phobia. The instant I start seeing or hearing some tale of woe, offense, what-have-you related to how somebody or some demographic getting a raw deal because of whatever I just tune right out.

I simply no longer have any empathy or sympathy for any individual or group that claims <whatever> based upon their <whatever>.

Alex I'll take $500 for what is white privilege. Razz Playing devils advocate of course.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Did anyone actually watch the video of what he said? I heard the reports, what I assumed was he went on some racist tirade. Nope he used it in the colloquial use, he was saying "keep a watch out for my friend."

What the hell? It's not language I'd use, but there was no malice in his statement, in fact quite the opposite. They are painting him as a clansman for something that was in no way racist. Oddly though, it's perfectly OK to teach racism to school children and tell them all white people are bad people.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20841 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's just another way for those people who hate America to make us "atone" for slavery. Somehow it gives black folks power over whites, or the "system" or whatever. Which is quite ironic because you don't hear the truly successful and empowered blacks using it. People like Thomas Sowell, Candace Owens, Ben Carson, Colion Noir, etc. It's generally "entertainers", particularly rappers and people in the inner cities.

I also find it curious, as far as I know no other cultures use slurs against themselves as some form of bonding. How many Mexicans greet each other with "wassup my wetback?"

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Did anyone actually watch the video of what he said? I heard the reports, what I assumed was he went on some racist tirade. Nope he used it in the colloquial use, he was saying "keep a watch out for my friend."

What the hell? It's not language I'd use, but there was no malice in his statement, in fact quite the opposite. They are painting him as a clansman for something that was in no way racist. Oddly though, it's perfectly OK to teach racism to school children and tell them all white people are bad people.

This is only a power play using political correctness and appealing to astonished pearl clutchers to do it. What he meant and in which context is irrelevant.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29727 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
This guy was drunk and made a dumb comment in a non racial setting and is getting crushed for it but Nick Cannon is getting his show back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5914 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
And exactly why rap “music” is absolute trash.

Rap music is spelled wrong. They left out a ‘c’

It’s actually crap and not music at all.[/QUOTE

I would disagree a little with that. I would say that 80% of rap is crap. Particularly the gangsta rap. However my daughters have exposed me to some rap music that is actually very good with positive messages.

And yes I find it ridiculous that black people can use the word any time they like but anybody else has their career ended for the same thing. If that is not the definition of racism I don't know what is.

NF???

Other than my botched quote I'm not sure what you mean.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Alex I'll take $500 for what is white privilege. Razz Playing devils advocate of course.

Ha! Given my previous comments, you can just imagine how that flies with me

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chance favors only
the prepared mind.
Picture of Dad250
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
And exactly why rap “music” is absolute trash.

Rap music is an oxymoron.

My favorite Rap Movie Scene

https://youtu.be/r-zlkOg6_Zw

SIG P229 9mm
Springfield Armory XD-9 9mm

AUT PAX, AUT BELLUM

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Posts: 550 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a culture problem.

A culture of acceptance with exceptions which promotes bigotry and a culture of low expectations.

Posts: 14689 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I noticed the Libby library app has Huck Finn in audiobook form. I guess if one played that they would be cancelled.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post