New
Find
Notify
Tools
SHTF pants Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
Something like BDU with big cargo pockets? Probably some kind of woodland camo around here.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not get BDU's in Woodland pattern?

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Why not get BDU's in Woodland pattern?

Know a good store?

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Tru-Spec 24/7 Xpedition pants. Available in multicam but not woodland I don't think. The cargo pockets are on the front of the thigh. Way more comfortable than the sides.

Posts: 647 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'll just be happy if I don't shit my pants when it hits the fan.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

lol…

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've gotten various animal parts and fluids on my Tru-Specs over the years. Always washes right out. A little bit of shit shouldn't be a problem. Big Grin

Posts: 647 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Report This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to Duluth trading pants flex firehose. If I wanted something better I would look at bushcraft/trekking pants.

And thanks to your thread I am now looking around as well Big Grin

Posts: 7800 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have dumped Woodland Camo in favor of the Flecktarn pattern. Military1st is a good source for Flectarn stuff. They have a BDU style pant.
I have not tested mine for anything poo-poo related, though.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2518 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:

That’s why I chose the color runny brown for my pants. Big Grin

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Subject line

Surely, there is a better way for you to say that you are looking for durable pants.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just like back when I was working and they ring that fire alarm bell for drills, as soon as I hear the loud ringing, I evacuate immediately. And then, I leave the building.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19665 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Not even sure if it is possible for your shit to hit a fan if you have pants? Guess if they are durable pants, so that’s the question here then? You’re wearing pants, but your shit escapes and hits a fan?

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post