SIGforum
Elon's X Money

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1740036125

August 01, 2026, 03:43 PM
Mikus36
Elon's X Money
Is anybody using it ? Would like to take advantage of the 6 percent while it lasts.

Thanks


"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place
August 01, 2026, 04:30 PM
FenderBender
not yet but as soon as I can I will.


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
August 01, 2026, 04:59 PM
sigspecops
I’ve been wondering about this as well.


No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
August 01, 2026, 05:15 PM
V-Tail
Invitation only. Must be a paying member of X premium at $8 / month. Minimum deposit $1,000.00



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
August 01, 2026, 05:19 PM
Mikus36
I believe currently a subscriber must send you money and then the money icon shows up on the home info area.
So when someone does get an account - send me a dollar - I will send ya one back.


"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place
August 02, 2026, 10:03 PM
FenderBender
quote:
Originally posted by Mikus36:
I believe currently a subscriber must send you money and then the money icon shows up on the home info area.
So when someone does get an account - send me a dollar - I will send ya one back.


same same.


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
August 02, 2026, 10:28 PM
sjtill
I got an invitation, but since my recent CA driver's license had our old San Diego address, I couldn't use it to verify current address. When my new CDL arrives I'll start it up.


_________________________
“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. –Daniel Webster (1782-1852)"
August 20, 2026, 12:40 AM
Rawny
Elon just deemed me worthy with an invitation today, and I signed up with the $1K minimum deposit per month to get the 6%. Since it isn't a credit card, I'll just treat it as a high yield savings account and see how it goes.
August 20, 2026, 08:06 AM
Graniteguy
How long is this 6% guaranteed for? (term?)
August 20, 2026, 09:23 AM
Rawny
Lowly Premium members like me gets that rate with a $1K direct deposit within any trailing 34-day period. Otherwise, it's 4%.

Premium+ members get 6% with no requirements. It is not an introductory rate, but it is variable and can change any time in the future.
August 20, 2026, 09:35 AM
FenderBender
It's also 3% cashback on "qualifying" purchases


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
August 22, 2026, 09:50 PM
furlough
I signed up for it on Thursday. Deposited $1,000 and X fronted me $25. Got it added to my Apple wallet and the physical card is on the way.

In 48 hours I have made more interest on $1K than I do every month on a savings account that I keep $5K in.

I don't know what the qualifying purchases are yet, but as others have said I will treat it a high-yield savings account with no penalties for too many withdrawals. Heck, might as well move that $5K that is doing nothing into the X account...




This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato
August 23, 2026, 09:01 AM
tsmccull
FDIC - yes or no?
August 23, 2026, 09:30 AM
FenderBender
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
FDIC - yes or no?


Yes, but your bank is more likely to fail than X


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
August 23, 2026, 07:44 PM
crue-dell
I received my debit card Saturday. It's metal and really nice. One of Elon's earliest companies in 1999 was X.com, which eventually became Paypal. He was Ceo briefly, before the others performed a coup and outed him while he was on vacation. His goal was to change the banking system. He made a couple hundred million from that venture which he used to start Spacex in 2002 and then Tesla in 2006. So i think he is going to create what he started, unfinished business.
August 23, 2026, 07:49 PM
Pipe Smoker
^^^^^
Thanks crue-dell. That’s an interesting bit of history.



Serious about crackers.