SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon's X Money
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Elon's X Money Login/Join 
Member
Picture of Mikus36
posted
Is anybody using it ? Would like to take advantage of the 6 percent while it lasts.

Thanks


"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place
 
Posts: 376 | Location: Washington | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
not yet but as soon as I can I will.


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
 
Posts: 9558 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I’ve been wondering about this as well.


No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
 
Posts: 3952 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Invitation only. Must be a paying member of X premium at $8 / month. Minimum deposit $1,000.00



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
 
Posts: 33801 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Mikus36
posted Hide Post
I believe currently a subscriber must send you money and then the money icon shows up on the home info area.
So when someone does get an account - send me a dollar - I will send ya one back.


"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place
 
Posts: 376 | Location: Washington | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikus36:
I believe currently a subscriber must send you money and then the money icon shows up on the home info area.
So when someone does get an account - send me a dollar - I will send ya one back.


same same.


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
 
Posts: 9558 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I got an invitation, but since my recent CA driver's license had our old San Diego address, I couldn't use it to verify current address. When my new CDL arrives I'll start it up.


_________________________
“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. –Daniel Webster (1782-1852)"
 
Posts: 19628 | Location: Foothills of the Sierra Nevada | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Elon just deemed me worthy with an invitation today, and I signed up with the $1K minimum deposit per month to get the 6%. Since it isn't a credit card, I'll just treat it as a high yield savings account and see how it goes.
 
Posts: 3042 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
How long is this 6% guaranteed for? (term?)
 
Posts: 5559 | Location: NH | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Lowly Premium members like me gets that rate with a $1K direct deposit within any trailing 34-day period. Otherwise, it's 4%.

Premium+ members get 6% with no requirements. It is not an introductory rate, but it is variable and can change any time in the future.
 
Posts: 3042 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
It's also 3% cashback on "qualifying" purchases


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
 
Posts: 9558 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I signed up for it on Thursday. Deposited $1,000 and X fronted me $25. Got it added to my Apple wallet and the physical card is on the way.

In 48 hours I have made more interest on $1K than I do every month on a savings account that I keep $5K in.

I don't know what the qualifying purchases are yet, but as others have said I will treat it a high-yield savings account with no penalties for too many withdrawals. Heck, might as well move that $5K that is doing nothing into the X account...




This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato
 
Posts: 1799 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
FDIC - yes or no?
 
Posts: 1381 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
FDIC - yes or no?


Yes, but your bank is more likely to fail than X


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
 
Posts: 9558 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I received my debit card Saturday. It's metal and really nice. One of Elon's earliest companies in 1999 was X.com, which eventually became Paypal. He was Ceo briefly, before the others performed a coup and outed him while he was on vacation. His goal was to change the banking system. He made a couple hundred million from that venture which he used to start Spacex in 2002 and then Tesla in 2006. So i think he is going to create what he started, unfinished business.
 
Posts: 395 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Thanks crue-dell. That’s an interesting bit of history.



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11791 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon's X Money

© SIGforum 2026