SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Street robberies and you
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Street robberies and you Login/Join 
posted
Street robberies and you

Something to think about.

To echo the contents of this article, years ago I chatted with a gang kid who, in tne process of stealing phone cards from a local grocer, bashed the owner over the head with a bat almost killing the man. This youths answer to responsibility: "not my fault. That old man was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good read.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I think that was the most revalent advice I have ever read.

Everyone in SigForum should read it.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this up.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent article and a good read. Thanks for posting. Gives one food for thought.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Just read it. Good points.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8108 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 2694 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that enlightening article.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Good read!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I've seen this posted before but it's always good to review, thanks.

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
good reminders

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Too bad society will not allow the truth to come out. Our media could cause An uproar and violent crime would become the enemy....
But they make their living reporting on it. Conflict of interest to try to help stop it.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Good read, especially like how he explains when to draw. I am not an leo I do not have to yell "drop the weapon!", I have told my wife the same and explained disparity of force. I don't plan on quoting the Tueller rule....

See a weapon.....shoot in the face......easy Big Grin

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great stuff.

Be careful out there, folks.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Excellent article.

Thanks for posting.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Excellent, and consistent with my own experience.

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pal:
I think I've seen this posted before but it's always good to review, thanks.

Jim

Yes. It has been a few years though. The mindset reminder is always a good thing. OP: Thank you!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Great article. Thanks for posting. I'm going to have my wife and older daughters read this. They're all very nice to strangers.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good read. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Excellent article! I passed it along to many including my 2 adult daughters.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post