SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It might be a tad early but here is the "I miss winter" Thread.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It might be a tad early but here is the "I miss winter" Thread. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Or "How I hate summer." Both are appropriate I suppose. Dam it is hot! And more than a 100 days ahead, urgh. Fall cannot get here soon enough. Big Grin

Here is the Antarctic Research station web cam site to help cool us off.

McMurdo Station:

https://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/mcmwebcam.cfm

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19226 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Hotter than usual here in NC...from Wunderground it looks like last year we had to go nearly to the end of July to see temps in the upper 90's and so far this year weve seen 5 in June and 1 back May 20.

It never got above 90 in June last year.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
It's been miserably hot and humid. The outdoor temp on my dashboard was over 100 several days last week. Better this week with temps in the upper 80s.

Fall can't get here soon enough.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Summer is my least favorite season. I can't stand hot and humid. Spring and Fall!

Posts: 965 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
In the Pacific North Wet, we JUST had our first 5 consecutive days of “good weather”.

Literally went from 40’s and rain to 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s. I’m loving it after the month of May that had just TWO hours of temps above 70.

While 90+ isn’t really necessary as far as I am concerned I do NOT miss winter or our normal drab, dismal, drizzle, wind, and rain. I could could sunny and 70-95 for 6 months straight at this point.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I actually like summer, and hate the cold.

What I don't like is people initiating threads like this without any indication of their physical location. I am guessing it is probably hotter in Florida and Arizona right now than in Minnesota or Alaska. Knowing where the comments are coming from might give appropriate context to statements about being "too hot."

Posts: 6504 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Don’t worry… Winter has come back today. Lol

BTW we are talking about PNW
It reached 92 at my house yesterday which is wicked hot here. Very few people have AC. Nighttime temperatures are very low. Today are 30° cooler.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Here's my reason:

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3456 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23556 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Currently here in south Louisiana it has been unusally very hot for this early in the summer season with temperatures in the upper high 90"s and heat index in the 108*F-112*F range... What makes the temperatures feel much worse is the high humidity which is almost like a "steam bath"............Will hate to see what happens when the heat of summer and humidity really gets here......Already Have seen temps of 145*F in car (dark blue) parked in driveway...thermometer sitting in the ac vent outlet in dash................................ Almost ready to have my bags packed so I could move back to the "interior of Alaska" for the spring and summer weather...Winters can be brutal and deadly if you do not use common sense but the summers were awesome. .................................................. drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
"it's hot, damned hot. Hot enough to do some crotch pot cookin"

I'll still take it over ball shrinking cold, yuck!!

Posts: 5346 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Nope. It's 73 here with a high a little later of 78, a light breeze and an occasional cloud.
Perfect weather.

I hate the dark of winter more than the cold. I don't mind the heat we get here.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16533 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Big part of the reason I live in Maine and it STILL gets too damn hot for me. Any thing over 80° is too hot.

60-70° is just right.

I'd rather deal with 20° than 90°

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15267 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Summer?

What is this “summer” you speak of?

Posts: 2327 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait until it starts snowing again. My favorite season.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I left Ohio because of the winter
(That and I wanted to get into LE)

I will take the heat any day of the week over cold weather.

I guess it is a family thing. My father is the same way. After retiring they left Ohio and moved to FL. He loves it.

I got pissed when it got down to 100 degrees in Southern AFG. (Yes, my team thought i was nuts.. (They still do).

The problem is that for the last 10 years or so both VA and NC went from "winter" to Summer. There was very little Spring.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
75 here in the Yoop. Dew point is 52. Thundershowers this afternoon. Did have some 90+ temps for a couple of days last week.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Where do you live that it's so hot, Cross? (It's not on your signature).

I'm sure not wishing for Winter! Other than a handful of hot days in the upper 80's and low 90's last month it's early Summer as usual here. Current weather is just a repeat of the last few days, sunny and 65 degrees now at 1:30 and going down to 50 tonight. AC hasn't been on this year but I sometimes turn it on for a couple days maybe twice a year in late July.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7112 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm good with summer.
I've broken just enough stuff on me that winters hurt.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8361 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
I actually like summer, and hate the cold.

Same with me, and I live in Texas. Last week was 100-104 degrees and I didn't mind. This week is a little cooler in the 90s. I can deal with heat just fine. Now winters... temps in the teens and 20s. Ice for me to slip on (and injuring my back). Coats, sweaters, knitcaps, gloves.

I'll take shorts, sunglasses, ice cold beer, sitting in the pool while grilling burgers on the BBQ

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16724 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post