SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - She's learning to be a hustler...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter and Archery - She's learning to be a hustler... Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Not sure if I should be proud or scared. Today was registration and official practice for the Arizona Cup. A male archer from Europe with a very heavy accent looked at my daughter and condescendingly asked, "Little girl, are you sure you can shoot that far?"

Her response?

"Let's go! One arrow, closest to the X, twenty bucks!"

Yes, she was betting her lunch money that I gave her.

Well, the European was off in the 9 ring and my daughter absolutely center punched the X. Then he tried to renege on the bet. Not a smart thing to do on my daughter's home field. Other archers, coaches, and parents witnessed it, stepped up and absolutely shamed him into paying. It was hilarious to watch, one man being surrounded and a chorus of Hans and Franz imitations and insults being slew.

I was worried about our daughter being an, "Archery Orphan" this weekend on her own with my wife and I both working the tournament. After seeing her extended archery family support her, I'm not really worried about what the rest of the weekend may bring.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Best thing I have heard all day!!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2543 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Makes me smile. Smile

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
That is Excellent! You don't have to worry yet about the Hustler thing though...

Next up, she will lose the first bet, just barely... Then smile sweetly, and ask, "Want to go Double or Nothing?" Big Grin

Her response was so full of WIN though, it is priceless! Please give her a big hug from Don!

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
That is simply a thing of beauty.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good for her.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
You can call her "Arizona Shorts".

Posts: 8178 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Fast Maya... Big Grin

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn! No don't give her a cue stick next! LOL

Too bad her interaction and the follow up from her support group wasn't captured on video. That would have been great to watch!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
In your last thread I mentioned that Maya was mature beyond her years. She proved me right.

Shoot straight Maya and take no prisoners. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Excellent

Posts: 11889 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What would REALLY blow their minds is if she finds this person again, and buys him lunch!

Posts: 2812 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
What an awesome progression. She used to take a grumpy old man for five dollar bets. Now she's taking other competitors for twenties. Big Grin

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
I bet she enjoyed that! Big Grin

Posts: 1795 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
My sides are hurting. It took me a while to stop laughing.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
That is just marvelous! Go Maya!

Posts: 1176 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I was grinning ear to ear as soon as I read the title, could not wait to open the thread.

It did not disappoint, thank you for sharing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
My sides are hurting. It took me a while to stop laughing.
Me, too. I love it!

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
You just gotta love it. Good job!!! Smile

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1495 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!
Please let us know how the weekend goes.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6468 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post