SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So You Think Your Job Is Rough.....1999 Foot Tower Climb
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So You Think Your Job Is Rough.....1999 Foot Tower Climb Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I hope that new light bulb was a LED!

I can’t believe he is able to use a foot peg as a safety anchor.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Oh... no... not at all.

I don't care HOW much they pay me.

Nope.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Getting down is what? Jump and paraglide?

PLEASE use long life bulbs.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:

I can’t believe he is able to use a foot peg as a safety anchor.

That’s exactly what I was thinking- do you just hope their isn’t a surprise gust of wind? In terms of being terrifying I bet the downclimb is worse.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2695 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hunting in a 15ft tree stand and was freaked out by the swaying in the mild breeze.

Does anyone know how much sway there is on a glorified flagpole 2000 ft in the air? I would assume we can measure it in feet?

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
In 1971 I worked for Control Data Corp. at a facility in Arden Hills, MN. Right across the road a huge TV antenna tower was under construction. The tower had been raised to its maximum height, and a large triangular platform was being constructed atop it. TV antennas for three stations were to be at the apexes.

Sadly, the tower collapsed as that platform was being constructed. All six workers on the tower, and one on the ground, were killed.

No way that I would’ve been among them – I consider myself fortunate to have a reasonable amount of acrophobia.

Story and three pictures in this link:
https://www.presspubs.com/shor...a0-6bbc7b9a1cf8.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard PASS. As in depleted uranium hard pass.

I once shared a video of a person climbing a radio tower on a perfectly clear day in the midwest that went up to about 2000'. I think no cloud cover made it even harder to watch. I'm not particualry averse to heights but within some kind of reason, and climBing a tower that high and skinny ain't reasonable!

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm in the "not under any circumstances" crowd. I'm not extremely acrophobic, but that job is beyond the pale.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Friend I ride with on occasion does that stuff, works for a defense contractor, takes care of the comms stuff for NASA, works out of Patrick AFB.

Achilles tendon rupture happened while he was up on top, had to climb down with it.

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
At 8:30 you can hear him start to breath deeper.

At 9:20 in video, “how am I going to do this?” said as he looks up.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post