SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It’s looking like the new Suzuki Hayabusa that is due out this year won’t be a clean sheet design
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s looking like the new Suzuki Hayabusa that is due out this year won’t be a clean sheet design Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And for those of you who own one, what is the going rate for insurance?

I regret selling mine as the one I had was the best color I have seen from all the years. Insurance was not bad at all as it was actually classified as a cruiser I believe. I know it was not classified as a sport bike, which blew my mind but I was fine with that.

This was my baby!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StorminNormin,

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
I just tried to check my annual premium, but it is not exorbitant by any means. As someone mentioned, it is not categorized as a sport bike, but some lesser category. Fine by me!

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 571 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a BEAUTIFUL moto StorminNormin! Very nice color. I can understand why you regret parting with it. In regretted selling my first Suzuki. I got lucky last year and managed to correct that mistake. There are two motorcycles responsible for sparking my interest in two wheeled missiles, the CBR600F4 (in orange & Black to troll HD Wink Big Grin) and the Hayabusa preferably in all red sporting Akira stickers and a visible turbo hanging off of it or the 2008 Blue Gray & Gold. One day I will own both of them.

The factory tail on a Hayabusa is nice but I REALLY like it when people swap the tail on a Hayabusa to something a bit smaller and more sporty looking. This is one of my favorite examples. Pretty obvious what region this bike is in....that plate....

Yeah I know it’s a ZX14 but it’s still a great meme. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
My son sent me this link:

https://www.visordown.com/news...3-hayabusa-back-2021

"THIS is not a drill, repeat, this is NOT A DRILL! Suzuki Motorcycles UK has just released a short teaser video on its YouTube channel that (finally) shows us the new 2021 Hayabusa. It’s a fleeting glimpse, but enough to tell us that this is definitely an updated version of the legendary high-speed machine. "

https://youtu.be/edf-Nzs_4Lw < ---- video

Maybe: New display, new electronics, quickshifter, new suspension.

If the Gen III has significantly improved lighting, I'll be tempted. Its not cool outrunning your headlights on long dark stretches of remote highways in the night.

Gen I had the high and low beam lamps independently adjustable.

Gen II has them combined into one bucket.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was never a fan of the Busa but I'm glad to see it's finally getting a refresh even if the upgrades are minimal. I was and am a fan of the Kawasaki ZX14R so hopefully if Suzuki is updating the busa Kawasaki won't be far behind with upgrades to the ZX14R. Doubtful since it would compete to closely with the H2SXSE which is a fantastic bike to ride.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.motorcycle.com/man...busa-first-look.html <----The whole enchilada

https://www.motorcycle.com/blo...no-chart-345x388.png

https://www.motorcycle.com/blo...ction-30-582x388.jpg

https://www.motorcycle.com/blo..._light_2-582x388.jpg

https://www.motorcycle.com/blo...pment-36-582x388.jpg

https://www.motorcycle.com/blo...pment-24-582x388.jpg

So, the Hayabusa’s displacement remains the same, as does its 81.0 mm x 65.0 mm bore and stroke. However, a host of internal changes were directed towards the portions of the rpm range where street bikes spend the bulk of their time. The pistons have a new shape and are lighter to the tune of 26 grams each. The connecting rods lose 3 grams each and feature a new design for increased rigidity. Even the piston pins got in on the fun and are a shorter length for an unspecified weight loss.

Stop whining about the loss of peak power. Take a look at the mid-range and the torque curve.

Above the pistons, The combustion chamber was revised, reducing the flow coefficient by 5% for a more efficient burn of the air/fuel charge. To assist in the goal of improving low- and mid-range power, the valve overlap was reduced. Additionally, the exhaust lift was increased.

Throughout the engine, other improvements, ranging from updated lubrication to larger needle bearings, improve durability and efficiency. Even the cooling system gets in on the upgrade party with an 8% increase in airflow when moving and 7% when the fan is running at a standstill.

The exhaust is all new and sheds 4.5 lb compared to the previous generation.

The Hayabusa’s chassis was designed to be lighter, move the center of gravity lower to the ground, and achieve 50/50 front/rear weight distribution. As with the previous generations, a twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm are utilized and tuned for the right amount of stiffness for its job description. That’s not to say that it’s only set up for high-speed, straight-line runs. The Hayabusa was always the better handling bike of this class, so spirited cornering is in its bag of tricks.

The frame is aided by an updated suspension. The 43mm inverted KYB fork’s full adjustability was updated with new internals, and the shock, also fully adjustable, received upgrades to assist in straight-line stability. The seven-spoke aluminum wheels are new – as are the bespoke Bridgestone S22 tires.

The brakes are upgraded with Brembo’s popular Stylema four-piston radial-mount calipers squeezing 320mm discs. Out back, a single 260mm disc is embraced by a single-piston caliper. The ABS has undergone a massive change that we’ll cover when outlining the electronics package.

With this upgrade, the Hayabusa moves into the world of 21st century electronics. This update to the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (SIRS) brings a ride-by-wire throttle and a Bosch IMU onto the playing field, and the results should improve both rideability and safety.

Acceleration isn’t the only engine mode that the SIRS controls, though. The Engine Brake Control System allows the ECU to vary engine braking to limit rear-wheel skip or feel the full power of deceleration. The Bi-directional Quick Shift System is simply up/down clutchless shifting. Burns will be happy to know that the new ‘Busa comes with cruise control standard.

Lots more in the article

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RichardC makes a good point. I want strong mid range power, as opposed to peak power.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This feels kind of like the latest Tacoma. When you look at it yeah it’s different, new body work and a new engine but the frame is the same. I wanted a clean sheet design, the Hayabusa deserves more than this... I wanted to see a boosted missile that could steal some of the fun away from the H2 in mostly stock form. This isn’t that.

Lame Suzuki. They did so good with the new GSX-R1000. I feel like this wasn’t their original plan but the best they could do given a pretty shitty hand to be holding.

This is living off a name brand rather than paying it due homage and keeping it great/wild/iconic. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you ever really worked with supercharged engines. I race motorcycles and have for too many decades. But before that I raced cars. Some with boost enhancements both super and turbo. There is exactly ZERO chance that is a good idea at real speed in a motorcycle. And the thing already makes more power than any rational person could use on the street.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11011 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s not the mental machine that made it famous. Without forced induction the Hayabusa is a failure in my eyes. Sure it makes lots of power, so do the newest 1000cc super bikes but they are doing it while weighing a lot less.

This is incredibly disappointing but to be expected given the circumstances.

And this is coming from a HUGE Suzuki fan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
OK here's the deal. I'll meet you at any race track on the east coast. You bring your H2. I'll bring an SV650 and let's see what happens. All of these big bikes make more horsepower than you can use on the street. And none of these like the Hayabusa and H2 are race bikes. Exactly what might be disappointing that Suzuki decided to keep it alive. I think its great. Its used by a zillion people as a bike to build something else. and on its own its perfectly usable.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Going fast around a track never made the Hayabusa or H2 famous. It was always the insane straight line acceleration and mental top speed.

Forced induction would have been smart for two reasons:

1. Most importantly, it helps Suzuki jump over future emission hurdles.

2. It would bring a fuck ton of excitement and interest back to a brand and iconic bike that is in dire need of a healthy dose of adrenaline.

This was NOT the best Suzuki was capable of, they practically admitted as much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Ok. money ultimately matters for every vendor. Especially a small one like suzuki. I would literally like them to steal every nickle from the hayabusa budget and bring small 400cc street bike to the US. They would be way better off financially. Mental top speed has been gone for a few generations of these bikes now. And no matter how you cut it forced induction simply sucks on motorcycles. and contrary to your note actually hurts the emission problems.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Depending on how they did it I’d be more on board with a new DRZ400SM or high revving 400cc triple or inline 4 than I would be with a all new Hayabusa. Though, I’d likely be tempted to buy both. A new DRZ400SM would be beyond tempting. The rumors seem to indicate both Yamaha and Suzuki have some all new small-middle weight bikes in the works. Parallel twins and potentially boosted parallel twins seem to be what the rumors are pointing to, it’ll be interesting to see if they are true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Different issues. If they simply put fuel injection on the DRZ it would be 'modern' and usable and completely sellable. The carb. sucks.
a high revving 400cc inline would rule the world.
The kawi 400 is now the target I would think and the cost numbers will have everyone else with a normally aspirated twin.

Member!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Different issues. If they simply put fuel injection on the DRZ it would be 'modern' and usable and completely sellable. The carb. sucks.
a high revving 400cc inline would rule the world.
The kawi 400 is now the target I would think and the cost numbers will have everyone else with a normally aspirated twin.

Well Kawasaki just did that (changed from carb to FI) with the new KLR650. Know what it got? A bump in price, almost exact same HP/torque, a small weight gain, and new plastics.. Kawasaki probably did it to meet emissions, and if all they add is FI to the DRZ, doesn't mean it would be worth the change for the bump in price that will come with it.

Posts: 4351 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post