SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Illegal Immigrants Are Going to be Allowed to get Driver’s Licenses in NJ
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illegal Immigrants Are Going to be Allowed to get Driver’s Licenses in NJ Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
I literally know of no one, even wacky democrats that I know that thinks this is a good thing.

https://www.nj.com/politics/20....html?outputType=amp

A highly debated bill that would allow undocumented immigrants in New Jersey to get drivers licenses is now one step from becoming law.

Hours after hundreds of advocates staged an overnight protest on the Statehouse steps to call on lawmakers to pass the bill, the measures cleared both the state Senate and Assembly, but not without staunch opposition.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Once you have a drivers license, it's easy to register to vote.
Talk about 'foreign interference in our elections".... Roll Eyes
Of course, that's the objective.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Cuomo is allowing illegals in NY to get drivers licenses.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Once you have a drivers license, it's easy to register to vote.
Talk about 'foreign interference in our elections".... Roll Eyes
Of course, that's the objective.

In NJ (probably like many states), when you get a DL, you can register to vote. Wonder if this is some kinda back door registration. But yes, this is purely a way to get these people, or at least their legal friends to vote dem.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
And of course they'll carry insurance so that when they total your car and family everything will be just fine.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
And another thing, In order to obtain a driver license in NJ for ACTUAL US CITIZENS, or to verify changes to your driver record, you must prove your identity by passing the 6 Points of ID Verification.

I looks like illegals have a leg up on tax paying Americans once again.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Yes. Out here, they’ve been getting license for years. Now we have Real ID. Soon, illegals will get Real ID so they can fly. Then citizens will have to jump bigger huddles for the next version of ID. Ad nauseam.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13086 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
And yet another great reason I am thankful I left New Jersey years ago.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2635 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
And of course they'll carry insurance so that when they total your car and family everything will be just fine.

The Democrats are now trying to raise out Auto and Homeowners insurance to cover the costs. My wife has a little less than 2 years to get full pension and medical, then we leave.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4033 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Yes. Out here, they’ve been getting license for years. Now we have Real ID. Soon, illegals will get Real ID so they can fly. Then citizens will have to jump bigger huddles for the next version of ID. Ad nauseam.

Yeah, CA passed the law that allows illegal aliens to get a DL 5 years ago. And just last year, another law was passed having voter registration automatic with the renewal of DLs. This is the absolute reason for this insanity.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
The libtards like to call them "Undocumented".
Hey dumbasses. If they have a DL, aren't they technically documented?
Does Pedro and Jorge want their illegal-ness documented? It's like registration for them isn't it?
Does the federal gov. have access to these records?

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
In AZ the penalty for getting caught driving with no insurance is often cheaper than buying insurance. When you're already judgement-proof, why bother buying insurance?

Posts: 3685 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Cuomo is allowing illegals in NY to get drivers licenses.

Long game plus they get to issue tickets and claim revenue along the way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's a great thing, because once Trump is elected for his second term, ICE officials will know exactly where to find these illegals!

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

I think it's a great thing, because once Trump is elected for his second term, ICE officials will know exactly where to find these illegals!
You are assuming that they actually have an address where they can be found.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sort of like a gun registration does this not make it much easier for someone to find them and deport them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
NC did this after bummer did his dreamer shit...the ID/DL was printed sideways and had red font saying “legal present expires...”

It was bullshit then and it’s bullshit now...but with the federal requirements for having to proof who you are and the star in the right corner effectively nullifies the dreamers and illegals from being to get or renew an ID/DL

When we moved to TX I was really excited that you had to bring ssn card, birth certificate and other documents to prove your citizenship

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The sheeple will bitch and that will be the end of it.
NJ will give the peoples tax $$$ to fund very very low-cost car insurance for these "Special People"
As the population exit rate is predicted at 40% within the next 5 years.
Look for the Union Label, they bought this disgraceful government. The irony is they will be the only ones left along with the Illegals. Social justice.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Sadly, it won't even get that far. No real bitching or complaining that I'm aware of. Just another day in paradise.

I honestly can't think of anything that can be done to the people here that would make them stop and stand up. If they blocked the broadcast of sporting events, this place would turn into a war zone. That's about it.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Sadly, it won't even get that far. No real bitching or complaining that I'm aware of.

I dunno know I am in deep red Ocean County and there's a whole lot of bitchin' going on. a MOAB on Lakewood would be a great investment for a couple of reasons.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post