SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First girlfriend/boyfriend
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First girlfriend/boyfriend Login/Join 
posted
Who was it, how old were you?
For me it was Leah. I was a sophomore, she was a junior. I met her after her gymnastics practice. I jumped on the hood of her car and wouldn’t get off until she gave me her phone number. Can’t believe that worked.

Posts: 1176 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Connie. HS freshman year. She was sweet and very shy. Often with us was her best friend, who was all over me when Connie wasn't watching. Best friend was skinny, pale and wore glasses. I was not interested. Then after summer break, the best friend bloomed big time, even becoming a red hot cheerleader.
I still kick myself. Frown

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Connie...

Ha! Same name. Met at work, when I was 29.

But, as God willed it, my second girlfriend would eventually becaome Mrs. Q.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 27605 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Shannon, Long beautiful brunette.
Taught me things I never knew existed
Eek
https://youtu.be/kMPyentJIh4

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19761 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
me 5th grade, her 4th grade, went to my senior prom...live together now.

i'm 77, she's 76!!

Posts: 2245 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Now, that's beautiful, K.

Q

Posts: 27605 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ Now, that's beautiful, K.

thank you q!!

Posts: 2245 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was 21 she was 18 1/2,
But looked 20.

For seven months we dated exclusively ,
Her parents were divorced.
My parents never talked about "love"
So I was emotionally illiterate.

I thought I was doing everything right,
In reality , just a stupid kid ,pretty much clueless.

Then she got jealous and banged a a guy out of spite I guess.

I was crushed very despondent.
Didn't sleep for three days.

Three months later she returned some stuff and wanted to try again, I declined.

it took me 7 years to figure "love " out.
Been with Bonnie now for 38 years.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Her name was Kim

She was a tall, very nicely built girl with brown hair who worked as a bus girl at the restaurant I was a prep cook and dishwasher in.

She was 15, I was 16 and had just gotten my DL and had my own car. We went to a miniature golf place for our first date and had a really fun time. 1989 I guess.

I made sure to walk up to her door and pick her up per my parents orders; I was NOT to sit there and honk my horn. Her parents watched my every move.

My older sister had told me at the end of the night before she got out of the car I should ask for a good night kiss.

So I did and was expecting a quick peck on the cheek but this girl GRABBED my face and gave me a huge and very nice long kiss right on the lips. WOW. I think I floated home that night like a cartoon character.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Her name was Lola.
She was a showgirl.
With yellow feathers in her hair.
And a dress cut down to there.

or

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I fell in love with a Mexican girl.
Nighttime would find me in Rosa's cantina.
Music would play and Felina would whirl.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first girl I really cared about was 14 and I was 16 when we met. We were together for 6 years, then she broke up with me. It's was all my fault and it absolutely devastated me. I truly loved her, but I was immature. dumb and completely inept at being in a relationship. If we had met when we were older it may have worked out, but maybe not, who knows?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3633 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
My first girlfriend was 16 and I was 15 when we met and we dated for two and 1/2 years. I didn't realize it at the time but that relationship was special. I thought they would all be like that.

We didn't talk to 22 years and then reconnected. Happily married since 2017.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Lisa. She was my version of Charlie Brown's Little Red-Haired Girl, except for the whole "red hair" part. Couldn't gather the courage to say anything to her in 8th, 9th, or 10th grades. I finally asked her out towards the end of Junior year, and nobody was more surprised than me when she said yes.

She was pretty, smart, and an absolute blast to be around. We dated through that summer and Senior year. She enlisted in the USAF after graduation, and while we tried the distance thing for a while, it didn't last. Thankfully, no hard feelings on either side during or after the breakup.

We're "social media" friends now. Still a little cutie.

Posts: 2531 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
We didn't talk to 22 years and then reconnected. Happily married since 2017.

You married your high school sweetheart after not seeing her for 22 years? That is special!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Grace, still remember her last name as well. I believe I still have a written agreement to marriage somewhere, but likely not binding.

Oh - and 3rd grade! Wink

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12706 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I remember her fondly, a first love will stay in your heart.

Posts: 13718 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Susie, I was 17 and she was 16. The Mothers of Invention were big at the time, and she called herself Susie Creamcheese (and lived up to the name). Married some other dude, lives in Hawaii now, we're still friends, but without benefits. She had a little sister, Beth, who I still regret letting get away.

Posts: 6789 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Laura.
I’ll always recall the first time I saw her. It was the summer before 8th grade, she was going into 6th. I was sitting with my buddies on the bus getting ready to go to summer camp and she stepped on! I swear for me the bus lit up like the sun. I knew from that moment I had to get to know her. Unfortunately, I had to play it cool at camp because there was a girl from another state that I liked to hang out with at camp.
After camp I chased Laura for years but she had a boyfriend, if you can really call them in middle school. We were friends but not good friends as her boyfriend made sure of it.
They finally broke up and summer before my Senior year we were building a house with Habitat for Humanity in Dothan, Alabama and spent a lot of time together. Walked on the beach in Panama City one night and made our intentions known.
We got home and guess it became official. Had a great relationship for 3 years. Then college struck for her and we both kind of started drifting. We broke up but kept in pretty constant contact, anytime we were home we were together for a couple years and I’d still go visit her at college.
But at that point we realized that while we cared for each other we weren’t meant for each other.
We kept in a little bit of contact and had the same birthday and her mom was always the first to call me for years.
I moved away and met my wife and realized that my wife was the one and have not talked to Laura since.

Over the years since I have come to a couple realizations. While I was pissed I had to chase Laura for years, it was a good thing as we got to have a mature relationship and not a silly middle school fling.
And I was pissed and went into a very dark place when I realized Laura and I were not meant to be, but now understand having a solid relationship with her and her family helped to make me who I am today so that I would be the best husband I could be for my wife.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25701 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Anne in junior high. I always liked her more than she liked me, in hindsight.

Still . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Rita. And, I am so lucky I didn't end up with her. Dodge a huge bullet.

Posts: 7651 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post