SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Many Illegals Can You Stuff In A 3-Bedroom House?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Many Illegals Can You Stuff In A 3-Bedroom House? Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted
Ninety! Eek

WTF is going on here?
This is not far from my house, just great. Frown

More than 90 people found in possible smuggling raid in SW Houston

More than 90 immigrants — many hungry and at least five testing positive for COVID-19 — were found Friday crammed inside a southwest Houston house in what police said appears to be a human smuggling operation.

SWAT team members discovered the immigrants huddled together and mattresses lining the walls of the two-story home in the 12200 block of Chessington Drive. The people in the residence were in “deplorable conditions,” could barely stand and needed medical attention, said Patricia Cantu, assistant chief of the Houston Police Department.

Many told detectives they hadn’t eaten in days, had to ask permission to use the restroom and some were dehydrated, Cantu said.

“This is very unnecessary and very cruel,” she said. “It is heartbreaking to see people treated that way. They are human beings, and regardless of citizenship, they deserve to … be treated respectfully.''

The discovery came after police executed a search warrant as part of a reported kidnapping case, said HPD assistant chief Daryn Edwards.

“It was a big surprise when we got in the house and saw what we saw,” Edwards said.

No one was seriously injured, but several reported experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including fever and loss of smell. One man was taken from the property on a stretcher.

The Houston Health Department planned to conduct rapid coronavirus testing, and anticipated transporting victims elsewhere pending the results, Edwards said. By Friday evening, five people had tested positive for COVID-19, Cantu said, but the total number of those infected was not known.

We consider this a health and safety issue,” said Cantu of the potential spread of the virus. She did not disclose where the people were being transported.

The group included five women and 85 men, the youngest of whom is in their early 20s, Edwards said. Some captives told police they were from Central America.

Federal agents with Homeland Security Investigations and HPD are working to determine who is responsible for the smuggling operation. Edwards said authorities do not believe the victims were being trafficked.

“It’s really strange that so many people can be inside a house, and we didn’t notice. We really need to be more vigilant,” said Kai Lynch, who resides a few blocks from the house.

Neighbor Chandra Price, who takes her 8-year-old son on a bike ride past the house daily, said that the operation surprised everyone in the quiet neighborhood.

“This is a middle-class neighborhood with a lot of retired people. You wouldn’t think that something like this could happen here, but who knows, maybe that’s why whoever was doing this chose this because nobody would suspect it,” she said.

Another neighbor, Flor Anderson, said a family member of an immigrant inside the house called the police because they were being extorted to free their loved one.

Just before 5 p.m., neighbor Martha Landreneau, and other residents, brought food and water for the immigrants. Landreneau dropped off a care package that included T-shirts, pants, tortillas, soup and bottled water. She said she did that at the request of police officers at the scene.

“I am bringing all I could find in my house to help these people,” she said. “This is so sad.”

Cantu said police officers also bought pizza and water with their own money for those in the house.

https://www.houstonchronicle.c...on-home-16142223.php

Posts: 22943 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many illegals can you stuff in a three bedroom house?

The real answer is always “One More”.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That is just one house. Imagine how many houses there are out there just like it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15626 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Disgustingly, Houston is #1 in nation for human trafficking. Part of it is geography with being on I-10 which runs from El Paso to the Atlantic Ocean. The other part of it is Houstonians have for many, many years elected a bunch of woke enablers that have let the smaller crimes build up into full blown organized crime by the Cartels. A few examples of the later:
  • Woke Mayor Turner hires woke police chief Acevedo (thankfully, former police chief) who started pulling officers off federal task forces because the feds weren't woke enough.
  • Harris County DA's office is full woke and part of the bail reform nonsense kicking criminals back out on the street hours after arrest and no bond to insure they return.
  • 30 year-old Harris County Judge Hidalgo is a full-blown neo-Marxist. She's championed bail reform, and during an emergency her position is the emergency manager for the largest county in the Houston Metropolitan area which she's used COVID to further empty out the jails which of course has increased crime.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    quarter MOA visionary
    Picture of smschulz
    posted Hide Post
    I don't know whose mere sight makes me more ill ~ Sheila Jackson Lee or the Kommandant Hidalgo? Mad

I know a lot of Houston does not like or support this shit and why we let it happen and let these Kommie-Dems ruin our existence I will never know???

Posts: 22943 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    And Biden says his minions are getting this under control. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ChuckWall
    posted Hide Post
    That bathroom must have been a sight to behold.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    hello darkness
    my old friend
    Picture of gw3971
    posted Hide Post
    They are not illegals. They are new Biden voters.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    quarter MOA visionary
    Picture of smschulz
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ChuckWall:
    That bathroom must have been a sight to behold.

Hold my cerveza! Eek