SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just spilled a full quart of Minwax Dark Walnut oil-based stain on my driveway.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just spilled a full quart of Minwax Dark Walnut oil-based stain on my driveway. Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted
Yup. The whole thing.

How’s your day going?

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
How many more gallons you reckon you need to finish the job? Big Grin

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Ha! ^^^

I once dropped a whole bottle of fish sauce in my driveway… I thought that was bad. Lulz

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
How many more gallons you reckon you need to finish the job? Big Grin

At this rate??

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
It'll buff out.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Is the driveway made of concrete, blacktop, or wood?

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.shamwow.com/

Easily removes cola, wine and MinWax®
Doesn't drip, doesn't make a mess
Washes, dries, and polishes any surface
Won't scratch any surface
Machine washable and bleachable
Lasts ten years
Save Paper Towels / Save Money
Like a towel and sponge all in one

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Better on the driveway than in your kitchen.

In our old house, my wife was painting our kitchen & knocked the quart of light blue paint off the ladder onto dark hardwood floors.

Surprisingly, 99.9% of it came out, just a bit left a tiny bit in some of the grain of the wood.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
https://www.shamwow.com/

Easily removes cola, wine and MinWax®
Doesn't drip, doesn't make a mess
Washes, dries, and polishes any surface
Won't scratch any surface
Machine washable and bleachable
Lasts ten years
Save Paper Towels / Save Money
Like a towel and sponge all in one

Why would you want to work twice as hard? It doesn’t drip. It doesn’t make a mess. Wring it out. You wash it in the washing machine. Made in
Germany—you know the Germans always make good stuff.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
When my oldest son was very young… like 11-12, he was the arbiter of Sham-wow Vince on Wikipedia.

Taught me to trust nothing there. Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My grandfather liked to tell this story:

My GF was 16 years older than his youngest brother, Danny. Danny, when he was a young kid, maybe seven or eight, had a whole bag of fireworks and was going out to have fun. He walked through the kitchen with the firecrackers and a lit punk in his mouth. He dropped the punk into the bag in the kitchen. After all the fireworks were done, Danny was standing there, sooty and shell shocked. My grandfather got the job of cleaning the whole mess up.

So, maybe the stain isn't so bad?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:

Concrete. I cleaned it up as best I can. I’m not a stickler on things so I’ll get over it. No worse than a few fading oil stains from my old Nova.

posted Hide Post
Paint the stain red, then paint a yellow "chalk" body outline around the worst of it.

Refuse to answer any questions about it from neighbors.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:

Concrete. I cleaned it up as best I can. I’m not a stickler on things so I’ll get over it. No worse than a few fading oil stains from my old Nova.

Go Team Apathy!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
@Loswsmith - LOVE your tag line!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:

Go Team Apathy!!

Big Grin

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
You must have a paved driveway. If it were on mine I'd just kick some gravel over the spot.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Couple years back I dropped a jar of cobalt blue oil based stain on my concrete garage floor. Fortunately it was close to the door. I talked the wife into come out and slowly pour paint thinner over it while I scrubbed with a stiff broom. I pushed it out the door every so often and we started over. It took a gallon of thinner but you really can't even see it now.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
You might be able to at least lighten the stain with non clumping kitty litter. It'll also work on your oil stains.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Great excuse to buy an old panhead now. You have the perfect place to park it.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post