SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Rumsfeld has passed away
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Rumsfeld has passed away Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
What's weird is I haven't seen a mention in the media about this and he died 2 days ago, I am a new junkie too and it's just not getting coverage.

Didn't he basically tell an Army Soldier "tough shit" when they asked for better armor and bulletproof glass for their vehicles?

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I thought he did a great job under Bush 43.

I too liked the way he handled the press.

HK Ag

Posts: 3505 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
It turns out Rumsfeld was stationed at Glenview NAS ((IL) until he went to Congress in '62. So I grew up with him flying overhead as the landing path was our road that led to the runway a mile plus up the road. Nice to put a face on one of those countless pilots from back in the day.

RIP Donald Rumsfeld.
Interesting. I lived in Niles at Milwaukee and Dempster.

Posts: 4013 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
What's weird is I haven't seen a mention in the media about this and he died 2 days ago, I am a new junkie too and it's just not getting coverage.

Didn't he basically tell an Army Soldier "tough shit" when they asked for better armor and bulletproof glass for their vehicles?

If mass media doesn't cover or, even mention it...it didn't happen. The condition of the current information age, is mass media/entertainment has anointed themselves as king-makers/culture-captains. Mad

The short-comings of the post-Cold War supply-chain

Posts: 14687 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’ll always remember his wish to recognize Cold War veteran's service with appreciation. I have a certificate bearing the likeness of his signature. Thank you sir..

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

I always liked that quote.

Me, too.

I always got a kick out of those who mistakenly thought it was nonsensical.

However tongue twister ish it sounds, it makes perfect sense and is indeed an astute observation.

RIP, sir.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post