SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Convert/download VHS tapes to PC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Convert/download VHS tapes to PC Login/Join 
posted
I have some old ones I’d like to put on DVD. Preferably, I’d like to be able to edit them as well.

There are myriad devices/software out there but all seem to have one issue or another.

Advice appreciated TIA

Posts: 777 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Find a local and well reviewed company who will convert the tape to digital and give it back to you on a flash drive. They have better equipment than you would buy anyway.

That’s what I did. Cost $20 for a VHS tape here.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Find a local and well reviewed company who will convert the tape to digital and give it back to you on a flash drive. They have better equipment than you would buy anyway.

That’s what I did. Cost $20 for a VHS tape here.

-Rob

Who did you use? The majority of the services I’ve found are actually owned by the same people and reviews for the most part seem sketchy. I’d love to find a quality operation.

Thanks

Posts: 777 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I used an outfit called Pro Cuts Editing. They have a local office and it was important to me that I not have to ship an irreplaceable video. Transfers are just a small part of their services.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Honestech VHS to DVD software works great. I have an older version 5.0 which does the job. You connect your DVD player to their box and in turn your PC.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post