SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New California computer energy use laws will require one of each model sold in CA to be submited for approval. Just like firearms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New California computer energy use laws will require one of each model sold in CA to be submited for approval. Just like firearms Login/Join 
posted
I have a client that sells Gaming computers on the internet. New CA energy consumption laws will require 12 USB ports for his computers to make them legal. One computer of each model must be submitted for testing & put on a approved list.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4282 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
I have a client that sells Gaming computers on the internet. New CA energy consumption laws will require 12 USB ports for his computers to make them legal. One computer of each model must be submitted for testing & put on a approved list.
Maybe your client can provide a link to the requirement for computers to have 12 USB ports.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Possibly related to this previous thread?

Can't Sell a Dell Gaming Computer in Calf. - Uses too Much Juice

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Systems with an expandability score of >690 are exempt. Points are assigned at to various ports and added up. Each PCIe x16 slot is worth 75 points and each USB 2.0 port is worth 5 points for example. Page 19 explains it: Link.

Posts: 11014 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wait until they tell you that you cannot have an air conditioner that will keep your house at less than 80F in the summer or a heater that will do better than 60F in the winter, or a TV that is "too big", or.....

See how this goes?

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I used to joke if I even won Powerball I was going to reinvest and open a bog box store in Yuma, AZ just across the border from California. Basically stock and sell items prohibited in California; standard capacity magazines, plasma flatscreens, incandescent lightbulbs, gas cans with spouts that actually work, etc. Now I can add gaming computers to the list.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11782 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe your client can provide a link to the requirement for computers to have 12 USB ports.

His CA specific computers are going to have 12 USB ports to meet CA energy standards. The manufacturers' he uses will be building models for his CA customers only & increases the retail price about $120.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4282 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Man, I feel safer already.

Of course, I’m Sure the government will be allowed to have all the computers they want in CA.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Everybody knows that USB ports consume free carbon.
The more you have, the less carbon there is.

Why do people fight against this science?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43921 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
California is a beautiful state, aesthetically. But their sure are a lot of fucktards that reside there.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/N5fc5ZX6Kzk

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
The best way to avoid having to take money away from “feel good” programs and invest in infrastructure, is to just extort/tax the crap out of any industry that sells a product that consumes power or water. Tax the manufacturers, fine your citizens, whatever it takes to keep from actually fixing the problem.

I’ve been out of Comie-fornia for a year now, and It’s the smartest thing I’ve ever done.

It looks more and more like “The Hunger Games” out there every day.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2227 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as the American California MORON puts up with this nonsense and complies, it will continue.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just build a computer your self with "Ghost" parts - untraceable. Eek

Posts: 22943 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bacon is going, too.

Posts: 17150 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
You get the communist shithole you demanded.

There's plenty of electricity, the welfare bill is just to high to afford it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34139 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just waiting for the San Andreas fault to get off its ass and live up to its Hollywood reputation.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
California will eventuality ban all the “high powered things” except for the King Kong dildos. Those will most likely be grandfathered in and placed into an almost protected status.

I suppose you could call me the perpetual optimist with regards to California. I believe eventually...on one glorious day California will find a way to unfuck itself. I truly believe this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post