SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Veterans Administration just called me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Veterans Administration just called me Login/Join 
posted
The Veterans Administration just called me. They wanted to know how I was doing and if I needed assistance during this pandemic. This is the first time I've gotten a call from them,its always been the other way around.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
from your primary or a clinic you visit?

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
About 2 months ago I recieved same type of phone call . 1 month ago my scheluled (6 month) clinic visit was done by telephone. Just yesterday the wife had a appointment for blood work and only actual clients allowed inside building after chec-in and waiting phone call to proceed inside. 2 months ago she had a appointment with heart doctor at VA hospital with heart doctor (she served US Army active duty 8 1/2 yrs) but she was the only one allowed inside hospital while I waited outside in a patio area . So far have been pleased with the care that we both have received in the last 3 years. ..........................drill sgt.

Posts: 2008 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Veterans Administration just called me. They wanted to know how I was doing and if I needed assistance during this pandemic. This is the first time I've gotten a call from them,its always been the other way around

^^^^^^^^^^^^
The VA hospitals are opening in certain Zip Codes and requiring a mask and some screening. I am not sure what they are going to do in areas like Florida and California where there has been an increase in cases. The docs are doing quite a bit of telehealth when it is appropriate.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:

The call was from an 800 number, I missed the initial call but there was a voicemail message.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:

The call was from an 800 number, I missed the initial call but there was a voicemail message.

did they verify who you were?

mine's open for emergencies or appointments with a limited number of access doors open after 6a, before 6a, only 1 way in/out.

my clinic won't leave a message on the phone i have listed in my profile.

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by airbubba:

did they verify who you were? /QUOTE]

No

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by airbubba:

did they verify who you were? /QUOTE]

No

if i p/u, last 4 at minimum, sometimes address.