SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cancel Culture Gets Oak Ridge BBQ
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancel Culture Gets Oak Ridge BBQ Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
Why a BBQ spice rub company? Well Because the owners last name is Trump of course! This pisses me off to no end! Mad Mike is a great guy and I have had several phone conversations with him and even discussed adding his product line to our distribution business at one time. I have been using his rubs for a number of years now and they are and have always been top shelf.

Anyhow I got the email from him saying he is officially shutting down 12/31 or whenever his inventory runs out. In his email he pretty much blamed the economy but just over a year go he posted the following video.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
That is really a fucking shame, I watched the whole video and really felt bad for the guy but also got pissed at all these leftist assholes!
I wish him luck and hope by some miracle this can change for him and his employees.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’m really bummed that Mike is folding. I have a ton of his stuff on hand, and just placed another big order, which I’ll freeze. Should have enough to hold me over for a few years. I wish he’d scale back, and increase his prices to make it profitable again. I’d pay double; best damn bbq rubs anywhere, by a country mile!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
I just spent $60 on some of his rubs. Do you guys have any favorites?

I picked up:
Carne Crosta Steakhouse Rub
Game Bird & Chicken Rub
Saigon
SPOGOS
Texas Red Chili Mix

Thanks,
JP

Posts: 2041 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smokey Chili Lime rub is off the hook. That Saigon 21 rub is fantastic as well. I'm sure Mike will land on his feet he's a smart guy but I'd like to go to Google and curb stomp some heads! Now the search will be on to find a rub line up that I will like. I should say settle for because no one out there will be able to match what Mike was putting out there in terms of freshness and unique blends.

Posts: 8500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I really liked their Santa Maria seasoning that I found on clearance a while ago.

I just ordered:
Santa Maria
Smokey Chile Lime
Texas Red Chlli Mix
Secret Weapon Pork and Chicken
Habanero Death Dust

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been using Secret Weapon Pork and Chicken for 10 years. Just ordered more and some SPOGOS. Great people that deserve better.

Posts: 916 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about his closure, but glad to find his products.
I placed an order for:
Santa Maria
Smokey Chili Lime
Texas Red Chili
Carna Crosta

I expect they are all excellent given the source of the recommendations.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might've found some new Christmas Presents

What's good for a standard rub?

Posts: 14551 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Might've found some new Christmas Presents

What's good for a standard rub?

A good standard might be his SPOGOS which simply stands for salt, pepper, onion, garlic and other spices. So many of his blends can be used for many different purposes. If you really want a unique flavor enhancer his Saigon 21 is special.

Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
FYI,

Got an email today from Oakridge and it seems they are way backed up on orders. Here is a cut and paste from the email.

Dear Oakridge BBQ Customers, Fans and Supporters –

Thank you so much for the overwhelming support over the last couple weeks. We are appreciative beyond words! With that being said, please be prepared for your order to take several weeks to arrive.

Just in case you weren't aware, on November 3rd it was announced publicly that I am closing down Oakridge BBQ for good on December 31, 2022. We received well over a year's worth of orders in about a day and a half when the notice went out. Orders are still coming in at a rapid rate, which is great, but we are incredibly backed up. If you’ve placed an order with us since then, rest assured if you received an order confirmation email (check your spam folder) your order is in queue, but we are running about 2-3 weeks behind.

Additionally, I know the letter stated we would fill orders until we ran out of rub, or December 31st, whichever came first, but I have changed my position given the sheer mountainous volume of orders we have received.

Therefore, we will accept and fill ALL ORDERS received through Midnight CDST December 31, 2022 -- this means we will restock our spices and blend rub as many times as necessary to fulfill every order received until we stop accepting new orders on 01/01/2023. Hope this helps ease the minds of many. Thanks again for helping us finish out on top! We appreciate your patience and your business, but if you cannot wait, let me know and I will cancel your order right away.

Thanks for everything & God blessings on you,
Michael Trump Founder / Master Blender, Oakridge BBQ

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I did a search on here last week and Oakridge came up as a great company, good product. I've started orders but never entered them, I will today!

Update: order placed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UTsig,

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Michael Trump Founder / Master Blender, Oakridge BBQ

I don't know what it takes to become a Master Blender. Maybe it's a self appointed title but whether it is or not Mike has earned it. Imagine the thousands upon thousands even millions of spices available across the world and being able to choose a handful of them to blend together in just the right amount of each and create a spice blend targeted at a specific meat group and have it come out perfect. I can't imagine the number of hours of research added to the number of hours of experimentation to make this happen.

I hope Mike does not let his talent go to waste and joins another company to continue to work his craft or maybe even start his back up again in the future.

Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Just received my order today. It took 3 weeks to arrive so they must be doing gangbusters business right now.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well, the video is marked private, so I can't watch it but... how does a bunch of whiners have the power to shut down a company over its owner's last name?

I'm not trying to be dense, I'm truly curious how a bunch of hurt feelings changes into a business shutdown.

Given the magnitude of orders received recently, it seems like there would be plenty of revenue-making opportunity there. Are the whiners cutting off his supplies? Interfering with incoming/outgoing shipments? Making physical threats? Confused

God bless America.

Posts: 13398 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
I just received my order. Hopefully the delay was indicative of being busy.
My wife was unsure why I needed more spices but I convinced her to try Carne Crosta. She absolutely loved it.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
I just received my order. Hopefully the delay was indicative of being busy.
My wife was unsure why I needed more spices but I convinced her to try Carne Crosta. She absolutely loved it.

My order from three weeks ago is still pending. Mike sent an email a couple of weeks ago that said they received "well over a year's worth of orders in a day and a half after the notice [that they were shutting down] went out," so they are definitely busy.

Posts: 986 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
Black Ops brisket rub has always been one of my favorites.

Posts: 428 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
There must be more to the story in my opinion. Since they received a years equivalent of orders in one day and still going to close down after 12/31/22.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4806 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
My order arrived Christmas Eve, part of it was a gift and it was just in time! We went to the gift recipients home for Christmas dinner and they had steak on the menu. Perfect! He used the Santa Maria, it was terrific. How can you go wrong on that day with something with the word Santa in it!

It's a shame they are closing, I dropped them a note to thank them for getting it here on time.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post