SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brilliant Non-lethal Porch Pirate Trap
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brilliant Non-lethal Porch Pirate Trap Login/Join 
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Add this to the glitter and it's perfect!

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-...Mister/dp/B000OCEWGW

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Figure a way to make it release a cloud of lice.

Naw, wood ticks, or maybe some red ants! Crabs?

Chiggers.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:

Chiggers.

THIS ^^^^^

And add some Never Seize to the bottom of the box to get all on their hands and car seats.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are just tap-dancing around the problem.

VX instead of fart spray.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
^ Nothing like killing a whole neighborhood to get back at one thief, huh?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Replace the fart spray with doe estrous.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have used OC spray. And 2 cans of it. Also mix some powdered ghost peppers in with the glitter. It really is a shame that vigilante justice in circumstances like this is so frowned upon. In most places the porch pirates just get a slap on the wrist IF they get caught

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Powdered cayenne pepper mixed with the glitter along with a co2 cylinder to broadcast it further. Would make whatever environment it’s deployed in uncomfortable for a long time. Big bonus if it’s opened in the car. It might be months before the piece of shit thieves stop getting random watery eyes or irritated breathing.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15569 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I believe toner powder would be pretty diabolical.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
made the crawler on Bing home page today

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Maybe put in some NFA part in the package? That way when the perp took it, his possession would make it a felony.

Prosecutors might not go after package-pilferers but photo evidence of a NFA part being stolen/possessed might get their interest.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
Problem is thief knows where he/she picked up the package. Video is needed to catch returning, spiteful predator.

Yeah, all fun aside (and my hat is way, way off to the inventor Big Grin) you have restrictions on what could be done legally, and a very good expectation that the perp knows where the package originated. Depending on what the package did, there could be higher legal penalties for that than package-pilfering.

Posts: 15026 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Need a Claymore version.

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
"Revengeneering"

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Excellent, Now just get a higher RPM motor for the glitter spreader....

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Itching powder, super fine cayenne powder (or dried OC powder), and glitter.

For the sequenced spray, the stinkiest, oil based (so it can't be wiped off easily, product allowed.

And a tamper seal so if a curious person stats to play with it, the sequenced spray is continuous until exhausted.

Perfect for a vehicle or house and guaranteed not to induce laughs from the thief.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I kind of like the adhesive idea as well...particularly in vehicles with cloth seats...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
That. Was. Awesome!

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Update: some of the reactions of people who "found" the package may have been faked.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/20...t-byu-grads-glitter/

Turns out that part of the incredibly popular glitter-bomb-with-fart spray video was faked, and the BYU grad who invented it has apologized and removed about 90 seconds of the footage.

Mark Rober, who came up with the device he placed inside a fake package left to tempt thieves, said he was unaware that two of the five reaction shots were not genuine. In a statement posted on Twitter, he said that he had offered money to people who were willing to put the package in front of their homes and retrieve the device after it was taken and dumped; that a “friend of a friend” agreed to help; and that — after online criticism questioned the video’s veracity — he learned that in two of the five reaction shots in the original video, “the ‘thieves’ were actually acquaintances of the person helping me.”

The video, which has been been shortened from more than 11 minutes to 9:40, has been viewed more than 42 million times on YouTube as of Friday morning.

Rober, who graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in mechanical engineering, got a master’s degree from USC and spent nine years working at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, apologized profusely and said that he had been duped.

“I'm really sorry about this,” he wrote. “Ultimately, I am responsible for the content that goes on my channel and I should have done more here. I can vouch that the reactions were genuine when the package was taken from my house.”

Rober said he’s “especially gutted because so much thought, time, money and effort when into building the device and I hope this doesn’t just taint the entire effort as ‘fake.’ It genuinely works ... and we’ve made all the code and build info public.

“Again, I’m sorry for putting something up on my channel that was misleading. That is totally on me and I will take all necessary steps to make sure it won’t happen again.”

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
all news is good news when you're fishing for hits....

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Update: some of the reactions of people who "found" the package may have been faked.

I was getting that impression watching the video that some of this was staged.

Anyone who just got glitter bombed would have stomped the shit out of that thing or thrown it in the road, not gently laid it on the ground in an empty parking garage.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post