SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Went hot tub shopping, holy crap. Advice sought.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went hot tub shopping, holy crap. Advice sought. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Tried to send you an email Bushpilot. Thanks.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19255 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DC3S:
quote:
Originally posted by jrfixer:
If you want simple and one person at a time with no water chemistry then find a bath tub. I found one for $25. I bought a propane Hayward pool heater $750 and a 1/8hp pump filter combo $200. Add a few bucks for plumbing and you are ready to go.

Fill it with garden hose and turn heater on. It's ready to go in 15min @104 degrees. When done drain and refill as needed. 100lb propane tank lasts along time.

I've been running this system for 5 years now. I did leave it setup for one winter, but when it goes below zero the heater had problem which I had known it would as the heater instruction said not to use it below 20f.

That is the best right there.

Um, the best.......what? It's certainly the most creative solution I've ever seen, I'll give you that.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jrfixer
posted Hide Post
The best..? Depends on you personal preference. What I have seen is that people use their $5k plus tub a lot at first, but then the love wears off. Water chemicals cost plenty, and if you have friends over you might even want to do a water change. This setup is simple and effective.

My first version was this setup. Fits 4 adults easily. Problem is it holds 500ish gallons so water chemistry is a must as water change would take a bit of time to fill and heat. It was fun but I like the tub better.

Yes that is my ghetto fire place too..Find a scrap front load washer and you can have one too.

It looks great a night too.

"It’s difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

JR

Posts: 157 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Who do you call to move a used hot tub?
What is the cost?

What was it used for? Frown Yuck.

This. Groady.

Posts: 26949 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Every time I see a hot tub, I think of a college girlfriend named Heather and ski trips together...........

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
The guys paying the big bucks are single with hot GFs .

Theoretically, single > yes.
In the above case worth every penny. Wink

Posts: 22947 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post