SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New KIA Logo: Am I Crazy?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New KIA Logo: Am I Crazy? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I keep seeing this new KIA logo, but all I see is:

KLA

Please tell me I'm not the only one, I liked the old one but the new one makes me crazy with that slanted A

Posts: 33853 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
You're crazy, I dig the new one. I think it's good for their brand.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9697 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Hate that logo. More minimalist garbage.

Posts: 2018 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well... it got your attention, so....

Posts: 23535 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Well... it got your attention, so....
Most things negative will get your attention .

Posts: 4066 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Nope.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19225 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m in the no camp. Unless they are purposefully trying to obfuscate Kia based on current negative perceptions. If the intent is promotion then no.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12748 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Kosovo Liberation Army?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Looks like VKALVA to me.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3978 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Looks like VKALVA to me.

Maybe I need to adjust the resolution on my monitor.

That says VAGINA

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I alway see Killed In Action when I see the old one so the new one keeps me from reading the same. Both are terrible.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I see two cyrillic letters myself.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I look at it I see a "K" and a backwards "N".

We have three Kia's in our family. Like the cars but hate the new logo.

Posts: 6627 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Hmmph. I thought it read "bacon." Maybe it's just me.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I see KIA just fine, but I keep up to date on a lot of car news.

Have seen some reports of people mistaking it as KM somehow.

I do think it could have been better implemented, and it's noticeably larger on the cars I've seen on the road, as compared to the old logo.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I bought a 2022 Telluride SX-Prestige. The new logo is terrific...just this morning, the owner of my local gun store walked out with me and asked about the logo and the vehicle.

It's well-overdue and sure, it's a bit overstylized but it also fits their new style perfectly. My wife is a professional designer and agreed 100% that given a choice, she'd choose the new one every time.

Some folks have opined that a horizontal slash in the A would make it that much better. I'd tend to agree but also guess that was considered and they chose this instead.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess anything to get away from the acronym for "Killed in Action!" Smile

Posts: 589 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brain sees it as KN

I had to google the Kia logo to see what it meant then I found it was KIA

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is Russian car?

Posts: 107697 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
When this mess first started, there was a run on the JDM logo as well as the Stinger emblems. I wonder why?

Posts: 9167 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post