SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sinéad O'Connor kicked and I'm all broken up about it
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sinéad O'Connor kicked and I'm all broken up about it Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mick just turned 80.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought she was already dead, like I coulda sworn she died last year

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:

Her son committed suicide like a year ago and ever since she’s been really messed up and there have been several instances where she’s been on a suicide watch and/or disappeared and people feared for her life. I guess it finally happened.

Posts: 33832 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I hope she’s at peace

Posts: 13283 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this. She had a unique singing voice that was part of my growing years.

She went 'off piste' in her later years, but I never heard of her doing any harm.

May she now know peace.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Very good voice that I grew up listening to, but like so many other "artists" out there, led by Bruce "The Dick" Phukkstein himself, she turned to politics and started preaching her pure-dee leftarded bullshit from the concert stage. That has caused me to not really give a flying popcorn fart when they kick the bucket. Phukkstein himself can't go soon enough, honestly. Sucks to be her family, but honestly, the GAF Meter is pegged at ZERO.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I didn't care for the politics.

But she had a talent.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:

Her son committed suicide like a year ago and ever since she’s been really messed up and there have been several instances where she’s been on a suicide watch and/or disappeared and people feared for her life. I guess it finally happened.

That is sad. I was not at all fond of her public persona nor her music, but I won’t take any joy in her passing.

Posts: 3154 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

But she had a talent.

Yes, so true. This song and these lyrics, she really was something in her prime.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

But she had a talent.

The Long Black Veil by The Chieftains is still one of my favorite albums going on almost 30 years now.

That rendition of The Foggy Dew is amazing.

“While Britannia’s Huns, with their long range guns, sailed in through the foggy dew…”

Posts: 33832 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I feel that having a No. 1 record derailed my career," O'Connor wrote in her memoir, according to The New York Times, "and my tearing the photo put me back on the right track."

Having a No. 1 record derailed her career? What career track was she aiming for? Ignonimy?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19682 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm goin' with the OD.

That or suicide.

I got $20 on Suicide.
She went off the rails a few years ago and went "missing" while on a bike ride in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago a few years back. History of mental illness runs deep with her.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/url?sa=...WZ6SqrS&opi=89978449

She sang Pink Floyds Mother beautifully with the Band in Roger Waters Berlin 1990 concert. This version was from rehearsals as they had major issues during the actual concert.

She wouldn’t come back to re-record it after the PA blew so this is a dress rehearsal

Roger Waters called her the most difficult person he’s ever worked with.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: liner,

Posts: 2078 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
She may not have a happy moment at the Pearly Gates.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1560 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
she had issues, and understandable ones, with the Catholic Church and what they did in Ireland, then converted to Islam,

seemed odd to me,

but she was a bit of a lightning rod

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
“She should leave the country. Her behavior is unforgivable,” said Sinatra. “For her sake, we’d better never meet.’

Sinatra’s comments were met with thunderous applause, according to the Associated Press.

My feelings to this day.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I could see this happening, didn't they like to spoof Prince's weirdness on SNL and Chappelle's show?

Prince: "Price is mad at you"

Prince: "OK, Prince forgives you...but Prince wants to have a pillow fight!"

"Whack...OWWWW!"

quote:

Although Prince publicly praised her version of the song, in various interviews and remarks over the years O'Connor claimed the American artist was furious at her success, and had summoned her to his property in Hollywood for a dressing down.

She wrote that Prince summoned her to his Hollywood mansion, scolded her for swearing in interviews, and harangued his butler to serve her soup though she repeatedly refused it.

She claimed that Prince suggested airing out their differences in a friendly pillow fight, but then assaulted her with 'something hard' slipped into a pillowcase.

Sinead O'Connor said Prince became violent after she turned Nothing Compares 2 U into a huge global hit

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
O’Connor may have been a little nuts,

This is, I think, an understatement. It seems she was a lot nuts. She has made threats of suicide before, and it is my guess she did kill herself.

She was pursued by demons her whole life, and I think they finally caught up with her.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
“She should leave the country. Her behavior is unforgivable,” said Sinatra. “For her sake, we’d better never meet.’

Sinatra’s comments were met with thunderous applause, according to the Associated Press.

My feelings to this day.

This post deserved to be reposted!

Sinatra had the balls to say what others were thinking.

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post