SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roy Halladay Dies in Plane Crash in Gulf of Mexico
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roy Halladay Dies in Plane Crash in Gulf of Mexico Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
The report does not give a final reason for the crash.

He landed too fast. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I’m reminded of the words of our dearly departed esteemed member JAllen, Nothing Beats Knowing What You’re Doing.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That's something people have a hard time grasping in low altitude flight. There are regimes were you are 2-3 seconds away from certain death. Training and proficiency mitigate that.

But flying dynamically down low takes 100% concentration and understanding of where you are, what the plane is capable of doing, and not putting yourself into an unrecoverable situation.

High on drugs and his ego, showboating and tomfoolery made it almost certain this guy would kill himself at some point. Thankfully he was solo.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Damn, that's a real shame. I feared Halladay was 'impaired', but wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was a great MLB player and had a beautiful family. What a waste.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it was pretty much literally, Hold my beer and watch this!

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I somehow missed this thread and just read the entire thing. It reminds me of the joke "how do you know a pilot is in the room?". Smile

Posts: 342 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post