SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you recommend for an under the bed gun safe?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you recommend for an under the bed gun safe? Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted
It will hold a long gun and a handgun at least along with some mags.

I started looking but there's several so I decided to turn to the wisdom of SIGforum.

Thanks in advance.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I have this Amsec version. Been happy with it overall. Just remember to change the batter yearly. For some reason it eats 9v much faster than the big gun safe.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Was just thinking about this recently.
My main safe is across the house & I keep my AR & EDC in our bedroom in a wood/glass cabinet. Want to ditch the cabinet for something more secure & out of the way.

Bonus if it could mount to the underside of the bed rather than sitting on the floor. Though, I suppose brackets could be fabbed to achieve that.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
The one above can be attached to the floor, but might be too heavy to suspend from the bed frame.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So my recommendation may be extreme, but…

I picked up one of these.
Great safe. Couldn’t be happier. You could get six of them, and put two on each side and one on each end. Put the bed on top of the safes. It would be like your own elevated, armored, fighting fortress.

Okay in all reality, these look pretty cool. I like the RFID tag to open. https://www.safeandvaultstore..../under-bed-gun-safes

If I was looking at an under bed safe, these are probably what I would choose.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The FB40 could suit my need. Should hold a 16" AR & P320 well. And, I like the keyed override.
45lbs, so might mount to the underside of a bed, depending on the strength of the bedframe.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
So my recommendation may be extreme, but…
You could get six of them, and put two on each side and one on each end. Put the bed on top of the safes. It would be like your own elevated, armored, fighting fortress.

I like the way you think, Beancooker. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post