SIGforum
Looking for a good gun toting leather belt.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1600035354

February 16, 2019, 12:28 PM
BennerP220
Looking for a good gun toting leather belt.
I want a black 1.5 leather gun belt. I like the ranger style but just a plain stitched one
Would be fine. I’d like to have hirsehide but not necessary. I’d also like to buy from someone who accepts PayPal as I have money sitting in there.

I have a couple Wilderness Tactical belts and like them fine. I need a good leather one.

Any suggestions? Ranger style or not?

Thanks in advance!
February 16, 2019, 12:45 PM
slosig
Did you look at this thread: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3230061522

I don’t know about paypal, but I know our own countryboy (www.rgrizzleleather.com) does beautiful work. The Beltman (www.thebeltman.net) also makes a nice belt. Additionally, while I haven’t yet sampled his wares, I have noticed that Armour Belts (https://armourbelts.com/) frequently gets rave reviews here.

Truly, one is spoiled for choice on fine leather at SIGforum.
February 16, 2019, 12:52 PM
C-Dubs
Can recommend The Beltman.

Beltman horsehide belts

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
February 16, 2019, 01:10 PM
stoic-one
quote:
I’d also like to buy from someone who accepts PayPal as I have money sitting in there.

Why don't you just transfer the money out to an account?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/
February 16, 2019, 01:14 PM
ulsterman
Nightengale.
February 16, 2019, 01:16 PM
mbinky
I have a belt from R. Grizzle. It's about 6 years old and it's excellent. I have heard good things about Beltman belts also. I went with the one I have becasue it matches the holsters I get from him.
February 16, 2019, 01:19 PM
ensigmatic
Near the end of Compiled List of Gunleather, Gun Holster and Gunbelt Makers is a list of Gunbelt makers.

The Beltman and Armour Belts are both very popular here on SF.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
February 16, 2019, 01:25 PM
18DAI
I just picked up a "Next" belt. They make it in nylon or leather. Be sure the back of the buckle is marked "G" for use with their gunbelt.

Great product. Enables me to carry a 5 inch all steel 43 oz pistol in comlete comfort, IWB or OWB. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change
February 16, 2019, 01:35 PM
PKFan
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

Beltman horsehide belts

Another vote for The Beltman.
February 16, 2019, 02:34 PM
tenmm
I've been carrying on the Magpul Tejas belt for a couple years now. I'm pretty happy with it.

February 16, 2019, 02:57 PM
1967Goat
Love my Armour gun belt. Got one for my dad too.
February 16, 2019, 03:03 PM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Love my Armour gun belt. Got one for my dad too.

Love mine as well, got one for my wife too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
February 16, 2019, 03:07 PM
Snake207
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

Beltman horsehide belts

Another vote for The Beltman.

And ANOTHER vote for The Beltman.
By far the nicest and most robust leather carry belt I’ve ever owned.
(Plus he’s 45 minutes down the road Big Grin)

February 16, 2019, 03:13 PM
4MUL8R
We've answered this question dozens of times.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
February 16, 2019, 03:53 PM
SigJacket
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I have a belt from R. Grizzle. It's about 6 years old and it's excellent. I have heard good things about Beltman belts also. I went with the one I have becasue it matches the holsters I get from him.

R. Grizzle every day.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844
February 16, 2019, 04:08 PM
Aquabird
Tucker leather made mine, just love it, want another.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
February 16, 2019, 05:02 PM
BennerP220
Thanks everyone. I am guessing no one is using a Ranger style belt? After looking at it more, it seems that placing a belt holster and mag holder on and off may be a problem with the Ranger style.
February 16, 2019, 05:14 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Love mine as well, got one for my wife too.
Good trade.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
February 16, 2019, 05:26 PM
fpuhan
I have several Bigfoot Gunbelts. After my first one, I saw no reason to buy any other brand.

http://gunbelts.com/

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
February 16, 2019, 05:35 PM
tatortodd
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Thanks everyone. I am guessing no one is using a Ranger style belt? After looking at it more, it seems that placing a belt holster and mag holder on and off may be a problem with the Ranger style.
By Ranger belt, do you mean the:
  • nylon harness-like belts such as Wilderness' Original Instructor's Belt
  • leather Western style belt like the Texas Rangers used to wear

If it's the first, I rarely ever wear it for CCW but I do wear it at the range. Got too fat for my Wilderness, but I surprisingly like the Uncle Mike's just as well.

If it's the 2nd, it isn't my style but I suspect the Cowboy action shooters have a preference.

As far as my EDC belts:
  • I have a leather Beltman from the original owner. 8+ years old and saw a ton of use its first 5 years. Has held up well and is a darn good belt.
  • In May 2016, I bought 2 Armour belts. A 1.25" wide belt I wear every day to work but have only carried a gun with it a few times. A 1.5" wide embossed belt that I wear on weekends and evening and it's my primary carry belt. Both are fantastic and slightly prefer over Beltman.
  • In 2017, I bought a pair of Lucchese full quill ostrich boots and decided I needed a belt to go with it. In May '17, I bought an Armour Belt with full quill ostrich inlays. I only wear once or twice a month but I really like it and get tons of compliments.

• Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.