Originally posted by corsair:
Damn, Howard Johnson is gone.

I was going to mention "Howard Johnson". Frown

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My earliest recollection of him was as Simon Brimmer on the show "Ellery Queen" starring Jim Hutton. As a matter of fact, I recently re-watched the entire series (all 1 season) on DVD.

Posts: 706 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
RIP Higgins. I sure enjoyed your acting in many shows.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Very sad. Magnum PI was a favorite of mine, with Higgins tiffs witb Magnum frequently added much to the show. RIP.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5302 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Magnum was one of my all time favorite TV shows, and one of if not the first to show Vietnam veterans leading productive lives after reentering civilian life. John Hillerman was also an Air Force vet having served four years in SAC working on B-36's. RIP Higgins.

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
RIP Higgie Babie.

Magnum was also one of my favorite all time shows. The interplay between Higgins, Magnum, TC, and Rick was fantastic.

Really miss that show.

Posts: 3737 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear that. I loved his character on Magnum PI. I heard his portrayal of Jonathan Higgins was so spot on that even some Brits thought he was English.

As the previous poster says, the interplay between Magnum, Higgins, Rick and TC along with the Hawaiian locations are what made the show. As a side note, I believe Magnum was one of the first shows to have the main characters as Vietnam vets.

Posts: 245 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
I did love the old school Magnum PIs when Higgins was in bad-ass mode.

Tried to find a pic of him with his trusty Webly but this will have to do...

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3812 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post