SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Budweiser 1933 Repeal Reserve
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Budweiser 1933 Repeal Reserve Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted
My stepfather brought over a box tonight for turkey day tomorrow. Im not a fan of anything InBev usually, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Tried one bottle in a glass tonight, and I have to admit its pretty good. Its a bit on the malty side, which is to be expected for a 6% lager. Very similar to yuengling traditional lager, which I think is what they were shooting for. So beer fans, fear not the hype and give it a shot.

https://www.bevindustry.com/ar...-reserve-amber-lager

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I agree that they seem to be aiming for Yuengling, but I think they missed. I like Yuenging, but did not care for this stuff.

Posts: 5622 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Yes, but I have to remind myself when I drink it that its a Budweiser product, so on their scale it gets an easy A. Compared to other high quality lagers, its a C at best. I think the main negative quality to it is its high malt taste vs a complex amber lager flavor.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I'm a Sam Adams Boston Lager drinker. I can do Yeungling, but much prefer the Adams. I was thinking about trying some of this just to see.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
My first impression after skimming the article is that they are making an all malt beer rather than their usual addition of adjuncts of rice or corn or other, in the tradition of post prohibition American macro breweries.

In the war between American light beer companies and micro brews, I never understood why they wouldn't make an all malt beer. They are good at what they do. They should have done it a decade(s) ago.

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
HAven't heard of it, I'm a Yuenglings or Stella Artois guy.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
The TV commercial show a close up of a bottle being opened with a bottle opener. It's plainly a screw top. I thought that was a no-no.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Im not a fan of anything InBev usually, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Tried one bottle in a glass tonight, and I have to admit its pretty good.

I agree. I bought a 12 pack. It's pretty good... but I won't buy another. There's too much out there that's better in the same price range.

St. Louis is no longer an A-B company town!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24127 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would that be a no no, other than seeming kind of dumb?

Posts: 7519 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
They've got a new 6% Bud Light called Premium (I believe) as well that I accidentally picked up a few weeks back. It was horrible.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
6% Bud Light called Premium

Platinum.

Now there's a new Anheuser-Busch product called Bud Light Platinum. The angle here is that it has fewer calories than Budweiser (though barely, at 137 per bottle to Bud's 145; Bud Light has 110) but higher alcohol (6%, compared to Bud's 5 and Bud Light's 4.2). It's a pretty neat trick to increase alcohol while decreasing calories, so this seemed worth investigating.

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/...ud-light-review.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24127 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Platinum.

That's it.

Yuck. Tasted like beer syrup.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

May break off bits of glass into the bottle. I have done this myself.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

May break off bits of glass into the bottle. I have done this myself.

If you go into any high volume bar where they sling a ton of bottled beer all of the bartenders have openers. There simply isn't time to hand twist every bottle top, not to mention the wear and tear on hands after opening 100's of beers in a night. If this was a real issue I am sure that it would be happening 100's of times a night in bars....which it isn't.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Platinum.

That's it.

Yuck. Tasted like beer syrup.

Yeah, I bought a can of it on the recommendation of a friend who isn't really a beer drinker. It tasted like cheap malt liquor to me.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I saw the ads on TV, so when it appeared in my local market I bought a six-pack. I thought it was pretty good and bought a second six-pack, but now it appears to be gone. I usually avoid the In Bev/Budweiser brands because they are rather thin and flavorless to me, yet I thought the Repeal Reserve was tasty.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post