SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Three of five home invaders killed.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three of five home invaders killed. Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I dunno know... who happens to have an AK at the ready, JUST in case there's a home invasion?
Seems like there's more to this than what anyone's saying.

Uhhmmmm, well...... Wink

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
I dunno know... who happens to have an AK at the ready, JUST in case there's a home invasion?

Seriously? Have you been posting without reading much here?

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
How about one of each at the ready!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

My GOSH! That's a lot of markers!

quote:
From the linked article:

In the exclusive interview, the man added he saw two other guys in the front of the home, on the ground.

"I heard around five or six gunshots. I'm pretty sure there were more before that," he said.

Maybe a few more than five or six...?
Assuming the markers are mostly where cartridge cases were on the ground, it's a LOT more than 5 or 6.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And they're in the street, not even in the house and relatively few close to the house. I see one of them is #65.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M-1 Garand and three clips for me.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I do! Loaded with a tanker mag.Hornady SST.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by downtownv:

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

With or without the bayonet?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Are those bullet holes in the yellow house in the background? Hard to tell looking at my phone screen.
It’s remarkable that innocents were hit by stray rounds with 65 shots fired.

Posts: 26902 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Those must be from the 5 guys attacking, guessing pistol rounds given their distribution in the yard. They must have been firing stage left into the house given the yellow whataburger tents.

A couple movie quotes from “Colors” come to mind.

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
When you have an AK in the size of gary coleman...Good shooting.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Depending on the neighborhood some of those casing might not be from the current incident.

Few years back I was contracted by my city to do some work in a government housing project and it was not unusual to see spent casings or even intact rounds laying on the ground. I'll go ahead and name the place to make some of you happy: "Jessie Jackson Townhouses."

In fact one of the times I was there someone came out and fired a couple of rounds off down the hill from where I was working.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

You might be surprised at the number of people who have long guns ready for such events.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

OF COURSE!
AK is an EVIL Assault Weapon and nobody, I mean nobody needs THAT to defend themselves. Frown

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
According to the news reporter it was brace yourselves, "A FULLY LOADED" ak47....

Vinyl roof, 8-track, AC, white sidewall tires, everything: you name it. Fully loaded.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
If you live in East Houston, you'll have your AK, or AR, at the ready.

I guess Pasadena's bad now too?

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

At some point, officers with guns drawn were seen searching a port-a-potty.

The news writers are so dramatic.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

With or without the bayonet?

I am too damned old for bayonet action. If they get that close, a JHP .40 will have to do.

Or maybe a 12 ga. OO, AIR, Win. model 12 will shoot every time you pump it, if you hold the trigger down. Next best thing to semi-auto.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not sure how many people in the city do this, but out in the sticks, most people do. 30+ minute Sheriff response times in many places. In some counties in my state, there is no Sheriff coverage at night. Rarely a state trooper either.

Fact: Criminals knowing that running into an AK or AR is a strong possibility is the only reason why they stay clear of rural homes. I suppose the same is becoming more true for city folk as well.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post