SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dumb question - apple card supports tap to pay / rfid?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb question - apple card supports tap to pay / rfid? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I tried using my apple card but it didn't seem to work with the tap to pay contactless receiver. I've used that receiver before with my other credit cards. I had to insert the apple card into the chip reader.

Does apple card not support contactless pay? Only via the iphone Wallet (apple pay)?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://card.apple.com:

If you need help or have questions about your Apple Card account, support is available 24 hours a day.

(877) 255-5923
https://support.apple.com/guid...ervicing/welcome/web

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
My Apple Card does not support tap to pay.

It only uses a chip reader. If you want contactless pay, you have to use the iPhone wallet.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks - I've looked through apple webpages and couldn't determine whether the card supports contactless or not.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
My Apple Card does not support tap to pay.

It only uses a chip reader. If you want contactless pay, you have to use the iPhone wallet.

Thanks for the confirmation. All my other cards support contactless so I assumed the apple card would as well but I couldn't get it to work (2 different stores). Wonder why they didn't enable contactless - I guess they are trying to force people to use apple pay.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My question is: Why would you not use Apple Pay?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Some retailers are using machines that don't support it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Some retailers use readers that should support it but don't always work either..

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
There are getting to be more stores using Apple Pay, and Google Pay. Contactless payment, because of that nasty old covid, really helped stores start using it.
I really like it, and even if I know the store doesn’t support it, I always ask. I figure if enough people ask they might consider it.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post