SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Aussy / Border Doggie Thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aussy / Border Doggie Thread Login/Join 
posted
Dog sitting for my son, he has an Australian Shepherd and a Border Collie. I love those two girls but... I decided to exercise them and took them to the local park to throw them a Frisbee. Wrong old man, my shoulder is sore as hell and those two dogs can't figure out why Confused I'm now hanging out it the living room with them.

What wonderful breeds. Protective as all get out of the family (herd) yet friendly to our friends. If we feel threatened, don't mess with those two girls. They're downing a doggie treat as I type this Big Grin

That is all.

Posts: 7557 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
My girl, Ava, wants to play frisbee all day long. She's an amazing athlete. She can catch a frisbee thrown at multiple angles, knows to avoid trees while following it, and can catch up with a long throw (50 yards or so).

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
My old girl “Sheila”, Blue Merle Aussie. She turned 14 this year and definitely best dog I’ve ever had. You may have heard the term “Velcro dog” for Aussies cause they tend to stick to their masters. Sheila is absolute definition of that. Always within reach if not in physical contact.

Never tried a frisbee, but she will chase tennis balls until she drops if you let her.

Her side kick “Dingo”, Aussie/BC mix. He crossed the rainbow bridge last year, eve though he was a year younger. Quite the character, he had a much stronger herding instinct than Sheila.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
My daughter’s Aussie is a frisbee nut. His first owners didn’t know the breed. When they played with him (rarely) they didn’t bother with bringing the toy back. They just tossed another for him.
He’s never changed. Play time is toss the frisbee and then a mad chase around the house with ours on his heels. My youngest, and smallest corgi, seems to be the one that gets it away from him.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Ours is eight and a half. Waaay too smart.
From our count her working vocabulary/understanding is over 120 words. (As you might guess if you know these herding breeds her biggest base revolves around food). We originally planned on doing agility competitions but she tore her ACL. After surgery she never completely recovered her speed. Also responds to hand signals and gestures.
She generally picks one of the family and never lets them out of sight. When you talk to the dog she actually makes a response of a grumble, grr or similar sound.

Dogs are a blessing and the herding breeds in particular will amaze you with how they "think".

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta say, those are some good looking doggies so far. Makes me hug the two girls we are doggy sitting right now just a bit tighter.

posted Hide Post
My Sunny Day Sundance was a mini Aussie mix. Never sure what her dad was, Shetland was best guess, I always joked it was coyote, because not only was she smart, but cunning.

I had other Aussie/Aussie mix in the past, and they all amazed me with their intelligence, and great personality.

I will be getting a Aussie soon, and I can't wait. When I went to the breeder, she took to me right off. Really, she picked me, and stole my heart.

There is just something about Aussies, I'm a dog person and live all dogs, but I think that there will always be an Aussie in my house. How can I go without Aussie "glitter" LoL....

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have three Aussies that are a driving force in our lives. We do agility with them and they enjoy every minute of it.

Addie

Jordan

Tutt

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
We have two ourselves, they are Mini’s. Going on 14 now, definitely athletic, definitely Velcro. The loves of my 4 legged lives!!

https://imgur.com/a/w0RQLx5

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
Tutt

Tutt looks just like my grand dog Seraf. We lovingly call her crazy eye. Oh, the reason I'm posting at 5:00AM is that Seraf jumped up on our bed with a Frisbee in her mouth. I guess she needs to herd something. Arghhhhh Big Grin

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Aussie-Doodle:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In case I forgot to mention the Border Collie, really smart girl. Getting ready to go "herd" Big Grin

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Super smart doggos, if a little manic. Cali has figured out how to open unlocked doors...

She is imprinting off of our beagles (shudder)
upload photo to website

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Kokopelli is now 12 and slowing down a bit but still gets 20 or so disc tosses a day.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last post in this thread for me. Loving the pics you guys posted, good looking pets! Taking the girls for a Frisbee throw. The wife just told me that those "bitches" own me Big Grin Yes they do!